Each has their own plans

Chapter 63: Each has their own plans

Zhang Rishan's methods were proven to be effective when Zhang Haike paid Zhang Qiling a visit that afternoon at Wushanju, bearing information on the tomb in the rumor.

"What is this?" Wang Pangzi asked the uninvited guest after he put a brown envelope on the coffee table in front of him and Zhang Qiling. His tone was grumpy as he didn't look highly upon this man with the same surname as their Xiaoge.

Zhang Haike seemed to ignore the tone of Pangzi and explained the information inside the envelope. "It's the tomb in the recent rumor."

"Why?" Zhang Qiling asked, making Zhang Haike look at his face. He's not Wu Xie, so he can't understand his Patriarch's micro-expressions, making him cautious in answering, especially when he felt himself tense at the dangerous aura around his Clan Patriarch.

"Take this as my apologies for being too loose on my vigilance. The matter of your doppelganger is indeed negligence on my part."

Xiaoge gave Zhang Haike a glance, which seemed to make the man nervous, before he looked away.

"No next time." Zhang Haike nodded immediately and wiped the non-existent sweat on his forehead. He doesn't know why he felt so afraid with just a glance from their Patriarch. As if he'll be sliced in two if he ever breathes loudly in his presence.

Zhang Qiling picked up the file and read it to the end, not giving any more attention to the nervous Zhang Haike. Seeing this, Pangzi looked at the man with contempt.

"What are you still doing here? Go away!" Pangzi waved at the man making Zhang Haike glare at him.

"What are you looking at?" Pangzi clicked his tongue and pretended to be aggrieved at Zhang Qiling. "Xiaoge, look at him glaring at me."

Zhang Haike looked at the fat man with wide eyes. He doesn't understand how a person like this can stand beside their Patriarch, much less stay alive with his tricks. He swallowed the words in the tip of his tongue and glared hatefully at Pangzi before nodding at the Clan Head.

"Please call for me if you need anything else." He left after waiting for a while leaving the room with silence and only the sound of paper being turned can be heard inside.

Pangzi watches as Zhang Qiling closes the folder before snatching it. Wu Sanxing and Wu Erbai, followed by Zhang Rishan, entered the room while Pangzi was busy reading the file and sat down on the sofas in front of the duo.

Pangzi found the picture of the gate said on the rumor and laughed full of sarcasm.

"Wealth? Prosperity? Secret of life?" Pangzi huffed in disbelief and threw the folder back to the coffee table. "Until now, I still can't believe the ridiculousness of the people. They knew of the impossible but still held on to the belief of changing their fate as humans."

Zhang Rishan took the folder and gave it to Wu Sanxing. "People's obsession with power and immortality is not just for a day or two. Besides, it's not like they can't think, it's just that they choose to believe it regardless of logic and reason." He said calmly.

"As if they can get something from it. If Immortality is really possible, then what we visited in the past is not tombs but houses of immortals." Pangzi grumpily said.

"When are we leaving?" Zhang Rishan changed the topic as he faced the Wu brothers.

"I'll start preparing manpower and equipment. If everything goes well, we can leave in three days." Wu Sanxing said after a while.

"Some people from the Nine Families ask about the rumor, wanting to follow Zhang Qiling." Wu Erbai suddenly said.

Pangzi almost stood up in anger. "No way. We already have many people, and as Hei Ye calls it, ducklings who wanted to follow along after hearing Xiaoge wanted to enter a tomb. We have no time to watch over others." He doesn't know why those families still wanted to join in the fun.