Zhang Rishan Paid A Visit.

Chapter 62: Zhang Rishan Paid A Visit.

It was early morning, and the sun was about to rise.

Zhang Rishan took a deep breath of morning breeze and exhaled as deeply, a dull ache of his head for the lack of sleep. He was leaning on his car, facing the close gate of Wushanju absentmindedly. Clearly, he was the type of person who stride straightforwardly and calmly face any problems encountered. So, how is he still so disturbed at his age?

The gate opened slowly and a figure wearing an all-black appeared in his sight. Zhang Rishan nodded at meeting a pair of eyes behind sunglasses, who smirked faintly at the sight of him. There were no words in between them, both tacitly remaining silent for a while.

Hei Yanjing yawned silently, hands stretching to the air. He doesn't seem surprised at seeing President Zhang, as if it doesn't matter to him or if he knew Rishan would come.

"You came at the right time. Mute Zhang woke up at midnight. Come in." He broke the silence and welcomed Zhang Rishan with a smile.

Zhang Rishan nodded calmly and walked inside with familiarity. He looked back after not hearing other footsteps following along and saw Hei Xiazi's back, walking away from Wushanju. He looked at the man for a while before continuing to find Zhang Qiling.

He found the man in an open space behind a courtyard, holding a sword while topless while practicing with the fluid movement of a veteran swordsman.

Zhang Qiling noticed his presence but ignored him as he was about to finish practicing the technique, and it was best to do so rather than to stop abruptly.

"You feel different." Zhang Rishan said to Zhang Qiling after watching him for a while. He doesn't know if it was an illusion, but something seems to be different about the Zhang Patriarch.

"And you look disturbed." Xiaoge said after seeing the usual prim and proper President Zhang sporting a tired and dejected look early in the morning.

"They took Liang Wan..." It was silent before Zhang Rishan said softly, leaning against the wall. It was a good thing that Zhang Qiling's hearing is sensitive, so he managed to hear it.

He paused his movement as he looked confused for a while before finally knew who Zhang Rishan was talking about. It dawned on him that the female doctor with short hair Wu Xie talked about is called Liang Wan.

Zhang Qiling looked at the man. It was rare to see him like this, as if he lost his calm and expressionless facade. Although he still looked like President Zhang everyone looked up to, if someone looks into his eyes right now, they will understand.

"... And someone said it was the same people who took Wu Xie and the rest."

Zhang Qiling looked thoughtful but didn't seem surprised. There are not many people who dares to challenge Zhang Rishan, and with the case of Wu Xie and others being kidnapped, it's easy to guess who would take the doctor as captive. Although he doesn't know if the mastermind is either confident on his strength to challenge not only Zhang Rishan but also the people who cared about Wu Xie and his friends, or merely trying to bluff his way throughout this whole farce with whatever the mastermind is trying to prove when he did this.

Either way, Zhang Qiling will make this person pay. After all, there's so many options to use if you want someone to wish they were dead after taking what's his (Wu Xie).

"Help me with something." Zhang Rishan looked at the Zhang Patriarch with surprise at the sudden change of topic, but more of being asked for help. After all, it's not every day that Zhang Qiling asks for favors from anyone.

"What is it?"

"Tell the circle that I plan to enter a tomb." Zhang Qiling said plainly.

Zhang Rishan looked confused for a while, not understanding the meaning of his words. He thought of the implications in that simple sentence before it dawns to him. Recently, only the unnamed tomb of an imperial prince comes to mind. Now, Zhang Qiling wanted to enter the locked bronze gate, which means that---.

"That tomb? You have the key in you?" Zhang Rishan asked to which Zhang Qiling only nodded, making him look at the Patriarch with wide eyes.

From what Hei Xiazi said, Zhang Qiling only woke up more than five hours ago. He already managed to find out the purpose of the rumors or thieving acts within this short time and figure out the ins and outs of the matter with just this? No wonder Li Fengjun asked him to follow Zhang Qiling. It seems like he really knows what to do next.

Zhang Rishan doesn't know if he should laugh or pity the mastermind who spread the rumor of the tomb after not finding the key to the gate if they knew that Zhang Qiling already knew their purpose of drawing him out. They either thought Zhang Qiling was a fool or they are conceited enough to think they can fool them.

He was shaking his head while deep in thought when Zhang Qiling spoke again.

"Also... look for someone for me, probably in our circle. Her name is Bai Yue, uses a whip and loves purple and hyacinth..." Zhang Qiling said as a figure in purple flashes in his mind.

Zhang Rishan stared at Zhang Qiling incredulously. This seems to be the longest sentence the originally silent and indifferent man has ever said to him. After all, aside from Wu Xie and Pangzi, Zhang Qiling never bothered to say more words than necessary to other people. Not only that, but also to look for someone?

"Can you?" Zhang Qiling asked as he found Zhang Rishan a bit absentminded.

"I'll try my best." Zhang Rishan finally said, agreeing with the request which managed to please Zhang Qiling as he continued his morning training.

Zhang Rishan looked at the Clan Patriarch training his sword silently. The first time this man has asked a favor and he intends to help him find this person. Although the clue was quite vague to find a person, maybe it can be achieved with the help of the Twin Palace seeing as they protect Zhang Qiling and Wu Xie without a word, they will probably do so happily.

Speaking of that power.

Zhang Rishan looked at the silent man in front of him, hesitantly opening his mouth. He has long been curious if Zhang Qiling has a connection with the people at Twin Palace, given their unconditional protection over him and Wu Xie. "Do you, perhaps, know..."

"Xiaoge?! Xiaoge, where are you?!!" Loud shouts of a familiar voice stopped Zhang Rishan with his inquiry. It seems like it wasn't the best time to ask for such a thing.

Xiaoge, on the other hand, shows rare helplessness in his eyes at the worried shout of his close friend before looking at the direction of the voice.

The figure of Pangzi wearing a black pajama with red shirt appeared in panic, which turned into relief at seeing Zhang Qiling.

"You scared me." Pangzi sighs as he nears his friend. "I thought you left without telling me." He panted as he calmed his chaotic breath. Only then did he see the other person beside Xiaoge.

"President Zhang, why are you here this early?" Zhang Rishan smiled politely at the fat man and pointed at the courtyard to the left.

"I'll visit Wu Erbai and Wu Sanxing. Excuse me." He said before nodding at the two, striding towards Wu Erbai's study, leaving the two.

Zhang Qiling looked away and stared at Wang Pangzi. "What's the problem?" He asked softly.

Wang Pangzi seems to have seen the ghost and looked at the familiar face of his friend in front of him. "Are you really our Xiaoge?" He asked stupidly only to be ignored by Zhang Qiling.

No one can blame Pangzi. Ever since their Xiaoge woke up from his sudden comatose, he felt different. Like more dangerous and unapproachable than before. But if you think about it, maybe it's because Wu Xie is not here that he became like this.