Investigate

Chapter 27: Investigate

Hei Yanjing found the gate of Wushanju opened when arrived with Wu Xie so he walked inside. When he entered the main hall, he was greeted by the sight of all the people residing in Wushanju pacing around, numbering more than fifty people like a mob gathering was happening. Although stunned at their commotion, he understands their ruckus is due to their concern for Wu Xie. He looked up to the main seat and saw the two Wu brothers in their seats with Grandmother Wu in the middle.

Xie Yuchen, who was sitting on a chair, was the first to notice the two of them entering, causing him to stand up suddenly, and his chair fell backward. The three kids behind him noticed as well as the group in the main hall as they parted in the middle when they saw Xie Yuchen run towards Hei Yanjing's side, with Li Cu behind him. They noticed Wu Xie unconscious on Hei Yanjing's back.

Almost all the people surrounded the two after seeing this, concern shouts and talking filled the room causing Wu Sanxing to be irritated as he shouted at the others while holding his head.

"What are you doing? Let them breathe!" The worried people heard this and dispersed around Hei Yanjing. Xie Yuchen and Li Cu saw this so they led Hei Yanjing towards a long sofa below the main seat, letting him put Wu Xie in there.

Wu Nai Nai saw that her grandson was lying down properly and looked for the doctor in the room. Thankfully, she asked someone to bring the doctor here.

"Old Cen, look at Wu Xie." Her tone and face are stern but the trembling hand shows her immense concern for her grandson.

"Yes, Old Madam." Old Cen immediately moved toward Wu Xie after nodding at her and checking Wu Xie's body for wounds before checking his pulse. He was silent for a while before breathing a sigh of relief.

"Aside from surface wounds on his body caused by a fight which is properly tended. He has inhaled a lot of unidentified powder causing him to be paralyzed and faint. But no worries, he only needs a lot of rest as his friend must have found the antidote and injected it."

"Good. Good. Good." Wu Nai Nai listened to this and patted her thigh emotionally before replying. Wu Erbai patted her mother's back to calm her down before putting her attention on Hei Ye.

"How did you find him?" The others heard this and remained silent. They want to know what happened to Wu Xie when he was just walking around the streets near home.

"Someone intended to kidnap Wu Xie. When I got there, he was already unconscious." A sound of gasp in disbelief can be heard from the others. Many people in the circle knew their family and knew their ways, for someone to touch Wu Xie is tantamount to waging war on the Wu family. Knowing this but still doing it, is like poking a hornet's nest.

"Then what happened to Wu Xie's attacker?" Wu Erbai ignored their people's reactions and asked for details.

"I left him there. After dressing Wu Xie's wounds, I left to take him back. How can I care about someone else?" Hei Yanjing said and shrugged. His priority is Wu Xie at that time, as for the bastard in that dark alley, he does not care.

Wu Erbai understands his unspoken words and feels like rolling his eyes but he ignores them in the end and signals Bai She, as to let him investigate and see if the attacker is still there. Bai She nodded in understanding and took a few people with him, leaving the main hall.

Wu Nai Nai felt that Wu Xie needed to rest comfortably so she spoke to the people around Wu Xie.

"Xiao Hua, YaLi. You send Wu Xie for a change and to rest in his room. Make sure to check if he has injuries that were not noticed." The two agreed immediately and Hei Yanjing put Wu Xie on his back again. Su Wan and Yang Hao also followed as Xie Yuchen pulled them out of the room, as he knew what was going to happen if they stayed. The others watched them silently as they disappeared from a corner.