Dreamed again

Chapter 22: Dreamed again

Wu Xie lay down his tired body on his bed after entering his room. His body is surely worn out after traveling back from that island to Hangzhou. It is a good thing the time to travel shortened after his third uncle was able to borrow a private jet from the owner of the island. He was kind of envious after seeing it and would have wanted one for himself when he was younger, the time when he used to travel from one tomb to another.

Speaking of tombs, it has been a long time since he did go to one. After what happened to his last adventure, he retired. He suddenly felt like he missed it, another adventure sure would have been fun together with his friends Xiaoge and Pangzi. The thought of being able to discover and see a bunch of old and mystical things inside of the tomb fueled his curiosity more than ever.

Speaking of mystical things, that island sure has so many. Just the Bronze bell bracelet, which he almost thought was connected to the Bronze Gate or the Bronze Tree. He also sees strange arrangements of animals' living habitats inside the island, which can't be seen outside.

Someone knocked on his door, causing him to snap out of his thoughts. He sat down properly on the bed and let the person in. The door opens revealing Pangzi, who walked inside the room and sat beside Wu Xie.

"Tianzhen, I need to leave for something." He frowns after hearing it and looks at Pangzi who sat down beside him.

"You have a business again?" Pangzi nodded and held his breath.

"Yeah, this one seems to be a big offer. I can't decline since the offer is very generous." Looking at his eager friend, Wu Xie has no choice but to agree.

"Then you take care and call me if there is anything." He patted Pangzi as he agreed to which his friend sighed in relief.

"That's for sure." Pangzi thought of something and bumped Wu Xie's shoulder with his. "Take care of Xiaoge, ah. He seems to be thinking of something while on the ride, I'm afraid I can't find him after coming back." He looked at his friend's worried face and smiled.

"Don't worry, he'll tell me if he needs to leave."

"Then I'll rest assured." Pangzi stands up from his seat and looks seriously at Wu Xie. "If something happened you must call for me. I have felt a sense of restlessness since the moment we came back." He waved to Pangzi with a carefree look to which the other rolled his eyes.

"It must be because of tiredness. Don't worry, I'll check it to make sure."

"Then, I'll go to Xiaoge first to tell him before leaving. You take a rest." Wu Xie nodded at his friend and watched Pangzi away and left his room. He lay down on his bed and looked at the ceiling, thinking of something as his expression changed. After a while, he felt a wave of tiredness and couldn't help but close his eyes before falling asleep.

-----

Wu Xie woke up and found himself laying inside an old thatched hut. The inside looks bare as only a wooden bed, a cabinet, and a small table can be seen. Though it seems ironic as a plate of rare fruits is placed on the small table. He tried to move and felt weakness all over his body. His throat was parched and his muscles ached as if he had just recovered from a fever.

He left the bed and walked to the door, a beautiful scenery greeted him as he opened it. Walking three steps down the wooden stairs, he looked in awe as he walked toward a small lake filled with koi fishes. In the middle of the lake stands a bronze figure of an unknown creature, with its mouth wide open trying to eat a round object while its tail surrounds another one, its left hand points to the sky while its right hand points to the ground. He steered his eyes away from the statue and faced the bamboo forest behind it. Curious, he walked towards it and a plain grassland entered his sight after walking for a while.