Confronting Wu Sanxing

Chapter 12: Confronting Wu Sanxing

Wu Erbai and Wu Sanxing heard the sound of movements from the front hall. Wu Erbai looked at Bai She and the latter understood.

Wu Xie's group returned to the manor late at night. The car stopped outside the Wushanju and dropped the tired group. Wu Xie with the help of Zhang Qiling and Pangzi moved the still unconscious Li Cu inside, meeting Bai She who came out to look.

"Xiao Sanye, the Second Master and Third Master are waiting for you at the front hall."

"I know. First, call for our family doctor and check Li Cu." Bai She nodded and walked away, finding the doctor inside the manor.

Wu Xie leads the two to the main hall where his uncles are waiting.

Wu Sanxing secretly sighs in relief when he sees Li Cu at the back of Zhang Qiling. Wu Erbai greets them and the trio sits down at the available seats.

Wu Xie helped Zhang Qiling slowly put down Li Cu and let the sleeping boy lean on him, waiting for the doctor.

"How about the others?" Wu Erbai asked after not seeing the rest of the group.

"Xiao Hua probably goes straight to his room. We experience an explosion at the abandoned building, maybe those people left the bombs behind before retreating."

"There's a bomb there?" Wu Sanxing raised his eyebrows in doubt.

"Yes, it's a time bomb. An explosion causes the ground to quake badly, though I think it's not planted inside the building or underground." Wu Xie had doubts about what happened but didn't pursue it anymore as the doctor arrived and behind them were Xie Yuchen and the others.

"Uncle Cen." The two Wu brothers greeted the old man who arrived. The said uncle smiled and waved at their greetings.

Wu Xie also greeted the old man Cen respectfully.

"Okay, stop with this action and check the patient first." Wu Xie nodded and slightly adjusted Li Cu's position and grabbed his hand to let the old man check his pulse.

The people in the room remain silent, waiting for the doctor's diagnosis. A moment later, the doctor put down the boy's hand.

"Uncle, how is he?" Wu Erbai asked after seeing this.

"Unexpectedly, his body only shows signs of fatigue. It will be fine after you let him have a good rest." The others looked at each in doubt. Usually, someone kidnapped should experience hunger and dehydration too, unless Li Cu's kidnappers are kind, but then that's impossible since they are a violent group as they saw in the video.

"You said he was gone for more than a week?" Seeing their reaction, Old Cen asked the group.

"Yes." Wu Xie nodded as he looked at the boy in his arms. He held him near his body to give him warmth and Zhang Qiling saw this so he also sat beside Li Cu.

"Then, he must be a strong, healthy kid." Old Cen commented then stood up from his seat and took his bag, "I'll go back then."

"Thank you, Grandpa Cen." The old man left the room with Bai She walked him out. After the doctor left, Wu Xie called Wang Meng, Liu Sang, and Kan Jian to take Li Cu carefully to his prepared room and also make the two kids follow them out of the room.

Only Wu Xie, Zhang Qiling, Xie Yuchen, and the two uncles of Wu Xie are left in the room.

Wu Xie turned to stare at his third uncle. Wu Sanxing noticed and he pretended to be ignorant again. Wu Xie narrowed his eyes at his uncle's antics and began to ask him his doubts. Xie Yuchen and Zhang Qiling remain silent, as they know what is about to happen next.