Barbeque party

Chapter 19: Barbeque party

Night falls and the smell of barbeque surrounds the beach. Wu Xie and the others started a barbeque party, the smell spreading around.

Wang Meng and Kan Jian manned the grill continuously as the three kids took it to everyone and sat down to eat their own barbeque.

Wu Nai Nai and the Wu brothers watch and drink tea, with easily digested food on their table.

The three kids, Wu Xie, Zhang Qiling, Pangzi, Liu Sang, and Xing Yao are eating while drinking. Their faint voices while talking as they surround the bonfire can be heard by the others.

"It's been a long time since we relaxed with others." Xing Yao sat down comfortably.

"Yeah. Everyone became busy with our own lives." Liu Sang agreed.

"Remember when we met, Pangzi? I almost thought you were a ghost." Wu Xie suddenly remembered something funny and joked with Fatty.

"Your group was too scared at that the second time we met." Fatty joked back after drinking his beer.

"Who is scared? You talk like you weren't the one who ran away upon seeing us." Wu Xie waves at his words, not agreeing. Pangzi raised his voice and answered back angrily.

"Someone shot me! Who wouldn't run away?" The two best friends looked away from each other, annoyed. Zhang Qiling, who is in between the two of them, became a human barrier.

"Right. That's Wu Xie's first tomb raiding, right?" Xing Yao asked with a smile at the two, who were acting childishly.

"It's not tomb raiding but studying the histories of tombs." Pangzi imitates Wu Xie with exaggerated actions causing the latter to look at him with wide eyes. He ignored Wu Xie and continued.

"You know Tianzhen, when tomb raiding, most are after treasures. Remembering now, my hands are always itchy when seeing treasures." Wu Xie stops Fatty's exaggerated act and explains.

"They are national treasures, and besides, something always happens when you try to take them away."

"Eh? You can't say that!" Pangzi acted playfully offended and immediately looked at Wu Xie, pointing his finger in his direction.

"You also jinx us countless times." Liu Sang added, cutting off Pangzi, who wants to defend himself.

"Eh! You!" Pangzi points at Wu Xie and Liu Sang then turns to Zhang Qiling for help.

"Xiaoge, look at Tianzhen and Zombie." He said pitifully, that Zhang Qiling only gave him a barbeque to appease him to which he was delighted. At this time, Wang Meng and Kan Jian stopped grilling and sat in the empty seats between Pangzi and Liu Sang.

"Don't be too angry, Pangye. Here!" Wang Meng gave a portion of barbeque to Pangzi, who gladly took it.

"You are sensible, unlike your boss." Pangzi hummed and took a bite.

Xing Yao glanced around and noticed his brother and Hei Yanjing, who arrived at this moment.

"Xiao Hua, you took so long." Wu Xie asked with a smile then turned to the man beside his cousin. "Oh, you're back. You took longer this time."

Hei Yanjing took the plate Xing Yao gave him and offered it to Xie Yuchen. Only then did he answer Wu Xie.

"The job is kinda far, so it took a long time. What are you guys talking about?" Hei Xiazi glanced around at other people's expressions, noticing the relaxed atmosphere.

"Oh, just past experience in tombs." Hei Yanjing had a look of understanding and looked at the iron triangle.

"Hmm. With a troublemaker and bringer of bad luck, it sure is exciting." Wu Xie and Pangzi react instantly and throw a piece of barbeque to Hei Xiazi, who moves to the side to dodge it.