Fake (2)

Chapter 47: Fake (2)

Wu Xie watches Hei Yanjing's doctor as he checks Pangzi, who is still unconscious at the moment. The butler, Hei Yanjing, Xie Yuchen and Xiaoge are beside him waiting for the result of Pangzi's examination. He saw the doctor finishing his check up and walked over.

"How is he, doctor?" The doctor smiled gently before stating Pangzi's condition.

"Fortunately, he just suffered from light bruises, nothing serious. He also suffered from mild dehydration and would need a week to recuperate." Wu Xie sighs in relief after hearing this. It seems like those people didn't torture Pangzi that much, but he must have suffered nonetheless.

"That's good." Xie Yuchen said beside him, seeing as he was in a daze. The others must have asked something else as the doctor gave him a warning.

"Make sure he only eats something liquid and don't rush to eat oily or else his stomach would suffer." They nodded and thanked the doctor again before facing Pangzi.

"Thank you, doctor." The doctor smiled and was led outside by Hei Yanjing's butler. Wu Xie finally can relax knowing that Pangzi would be fine. The doctor said that Pangzi was dehydrated, looking at him now, he seems to have lost a few pounds of weight.

He felt his body's tiredness the moment he relaxed and Xie Yuchen noticed.

"Go back and take a shower then rest. Pangzi would be fine here." Xie Yuchen softly said to him and gently pushed him away.

Wu Xie smiled at his cousin and took one more look at Pangzi, before leaving the room, completely forgetting Xiaoge, who followed after him.

Xie Yuchen and Hei Yanjing, who saw these strange scenes, looked at each other. Nornaly, whenever Wu Xie left a room, he would look at Xiaoge and take the man with him. But this time, he completely forgot his presence. This is something he won't do, even if he is tired. As someone who is drawn to Zhang Qiling, how can he forget?

Hei Yanjing narrowed his eyes, a suspicion on his mind. It was something he noticed after seeing Zhang Qiling inside the warehouse, when he was supposed to be somewhere else. Looking at his Hua'er, he beckoned her to his side and whispered something in his ears.

-----

Wu Xie entered his room and walked straight to the bathroom. He took a short but refreshing bath, thinking of what happened today. They find clues, location, and save Pangzi in a day, which is quite impossible but indeed happened with the help of those men who attacked the Ravens. They found out about some anonymous organizations, a hidden group common people don't know about and...

'Xiaoge...' He paused in his movement, frowning as he finally remembered that he forgot Xiaoge's presence at Pangzi's room. Maybe because he was focused on knowing that Pangzi is back and wanted to check his condition, or maybe because he found something strange with the situation. Either way, he really forgot about him.

Although he doesn't know what happened to Xiaoge that can cause him to be strange, maybe it was just his tiredness affecting his judgment. Stopping his thoughts, Wu Xie hastened his movement and left the bathroom after fifteen minutes, wearing his pajamas. He dried his hair with a towel and sat down on his bed, deep in his thoughts. He looked at the door and stared at it in a daze before shaking his head.

After his hair dried, he put the towel on the bedside table and lay on his bed, tucking himself inside the comfortable blanket. He was tired and he would think of things again tomorrow. With that thought, he drifted to sleep.

-----

Wu Xie woke up with a jolt. His forehead was sweaty and he heartbeats fast. He tried to calm his breathing and wipe off the sweat, then felt his clothes were damp and stuck to his back. He didn't plan to stand up right away as he frowned while thinking of his dream. He doesn't remember what it was, but he knew it was something bad and he definitely wouldn't like it if he did remember.

Looking outside the window, the sun was warm to the skin, which are very comfortable. He looked at the bedside table and saw the time was four in the afternoon. He left the bed and walked inside the bathroom, intending to take a shower.

After a few minutes, he left the room with comfortable clothes and decided to go to the kitchen, as he felt his stomach rumbling. When he entered, a meal was left on the table. Knowing that it was his cousin who left this, he ate them fast as he was very hungry. It was a good thing that the portion was enough for him.

He left the dishes on the sink after he was done and left the kitchen towards Pangzi's room, intending to check his condition. He arrived at the second floor and entered the first room. Upon opening it, he looked around and found no one was inside.

'The others must still be sleeping or outside the place to walk around.' He thought as he walked beside the bed. Pangzi looked the same as yesterday, sleeping with peaceful expression and smooth breathing. He didn't stay for too long. After checking Pangzi, he left the room and walked towards the location of this room. But this time, his target is the room beside it.

Wu Xie entered Xiaoge's room and saw his figure at the window, looking around the estate. He sighs to himself and sits down on the bed. He took the time to observe the man, his eyes narrowing at every detail of him. From his hair, to his face, clothes, temperament, walk, moves, and his little habit of pursing his lips, all of them are what he knew.

'He acts and talks like Xiaoge, but why doesn't he feel the familiar feeling of his heart beating whenever Xiaoge is present?' He thought as he looked at the ceiling, deep in his thought.

'And when we saved Pangzi, how come I didn't notice his presence when every time I entered a room, I would always look for Xiaoge?' He took his eyes from the ceiling and looked at the silent man before using his eyes to observe him.

'Unless...' He stood up from sitting on the bed and faced the other person in the room.

"Who are you?" Wu Xie said to the person across the room, with his back towards him. He took a gun from his waist which surprised the man turned around and saw him holding a gun aimed at him.

"Wu Xie?" Xiaoge asked, his eyes staring at the gun then back to Wu Xie's eyes.

"Stop pretending. You are not Xiaoge, so tell me who you are!" Wu Xie shouted. He saw the man narrowed his eyes as he looked intently at him before a creepy smile appeared on the familiar face. He felt angry after seeing this and put his finger on the trigger, if the man did something he would immediately fire at him. The fake Xiaoge looked at his hand before widening his smile, his eyes having a playful glint on it.

"That's really fast." The fake nodded before holding his face, "Though, can you really shoot this face?" The fake Xiaoge taunted and saw Wu Xie's eyes faltering, "I don't think so." Wu Xie felt disgust at the person in front of him. Using Xiaoge's face and voice to say those words, he really wants to beat this person up.

"What do you want?" The fake Xiaoge clicked his tongue and raised his head, changing his temperament from indifferent to arrogant and haughty.

"It's something that would need your help." Wu Xie glared at the man intently, his hand clenching and his hold tightening on the gun. He shook his head as he felt himself losing his sight.

"Wh-what?" Wu Xie can't help but say as he now felt dizzy. He looked at the person in front of him and saw two figures of the fake Xiaoge, before losing his standing and was about to fall.

"Now sleep." 'Cause when you wake up, no one can guarantee you will be able to rest well.' The fake Xiaoge didn't say the rest as he caught Wu Xie as he fainted before gently laying him down on his bed. His eyes stared at the peacefully sleeping person for a moment before turning his head, and walking outside the room.

"How are the others?" The fake Xiaoge said to the person waiting outside the door.

"They are all unconscious." He nodded after the old man said before taking off the mask on his face, resuming his original appearance and breathing in relief after taking it off. It wasn't a good experience to use this mask for a long time, he almost suffocated.

"Send them all to the vehicle and prepare to leave." The old man nodded and watched as he walked away.

"Yes, Sir." He waved his hand without turning around, before shoving it inside his pockets.

*****

A/N: And that's the update for today. Three chapters as promised. After this, I'll continue to regularly update a chapter every two days. Enjoy! =)