Imprisoned

Chapter 56: Imprisoned

In a remote suburb in the city of Guangzhou.

Clouds filled the once bright morning in the city. Looking up, it seems that it will rain in a while.

A desolate courtyard can be found near a moldy lake. It doesn't seem cared for, with grasses unrestrictedly growing around and as tall as two meters. It seems like a haunted house, but if you walk close enough, you might hear voices inside the house.

Two men with thugs-like features sat down on two battered chairs. Behind them, a metal door remained closed.

"Hey! When will we leave this cursed place? It's been almost a week." One of the men said impatiently, playing with his long dirty blond hair before facing his companion.

"Be patient. Wait until the people watching the dock leave, so we can also send our hostages to the island." The other man grunted with his eyes close.

The blond patted his chair anxiously before breaking the silence again.

"Who are those hostages by the way? Are they rich---" The other man opened his eyes and gave a glare at the noisy blond.

"Boss said, we'll leave after a few more days when those people left the docks. So wait for a little bit patiently. As for the identity of those people in the prison, don't ask anymore." 

The blond zipped his mouth obediently and sit back properly. His eyes flickered to the basement door behind him for a second, before looking at the entrance, now full of vigilance. The sounds of rushed footsteps came from outside.

"Old Tao! Old Wang! I'm back." The blond relaxed after hearing the familiar voice of their companion, holding some plastic bag. The newcomer was patting his coat, wet from the drizzle outside.

"Did you buy the medicine?" The man sitting beside the blond man opened his eyes, narrowing towards the newcomer.

"Don't worry, Old Tao. I bought everything needed." The newcomer raised the plastic bag in his hand cheerfully.

Old Tao only nodded. Seeing this, the newcomer walked towards the basement door, took the keys from the blond Old Wang, and opened the door.

"Give them the bag swiftly, Xiaomin. Don't talk to them or walked near their cell. Do you understand?" Xiaomin nodded dizzily and walked down the stairs leading to the basement. The door closed as he entered.

The stairs only have dozens of steps, so he easily arrived at the basement. He chose right and followed the tight hallway, only enough for one person to pass. This passage leads to the cells where hostages are placed. As for the right passage, only their boss goes there.

He nodded at the people he met, guarding in corners of the hallway, put to prevent their hostages from escaping. They wore black clothing, and looked different from the thugs upstairs, as they looked more like professional guards.

It took a few minutes before he was near his destination, which proves that the size of the basement is disproportional to the size of the house above it.

As the man neared his destination, voices echoed through the underground. The voices seized as the man walked towards the prison door. Even their movements stopped as if looking alert at the door.

The man, Xiaomin, didn't speak and only opened a small square opening on the door and used it to drop the bag inside the cell. After that, he closed the small opening again and leave the place, not speaking to the occupants.

---

Inside the room, the occupants of the cell relaxed their tense bodies as the sound of footsteps receded. They were huddled in the corner of the room, a person tucked between the three of them.