Ma Dong

Chapter 45: Ma Dong

The group was shocked at seeing Pangzi fainted. It seems like Pangzi was tired after continuously being vigilant to prevent himself from being captured back and seeing them makes him relax enough to faint in exhaustion.

Wu Xie looked worried at his tired friend on the screen. He stood up from his seat and walked toward the door, aiming to leave the room. Hei Yanjing and Xie Yuchen noticed his action and pulled him back before he could even open the door.

"Where are you going?" Wu Xie felt a hand on his arm and heard Xiao Hua say behind him.

"The obvious. I want to enter the warehouse and get Pangzi from that place." Wu Xie said as he faced his cousin. Xie Yuchen gave him an irritated look before shaking his head.

"Wu Xie, you stay here. We'll take Pangzi back." Xie Yuchen said while looking a bit worried. Wu Xie knew his body was weak due to abnormal temperature but he wanted to see Pangzi for himself to rest assured. So he gave his cousin a pleading look.

Xie Yuchen saw Wu Xie gave him a look which he is familiar with, and shook his head. "I know that look. No. You are staying." He avoided Wu Xie's doe eyes and turned to Hei Yanjing.

"Prepare your men to enter the fight." With that, he moved far away from Wu Xie as he might agree on taking him to fight if he continued being stared at. But knowing Wu Xie, he would definitely follow him to convince him with many reasons.

Hei Yanjing chuckles at seeing his Hua'er running away with Wu Xie following after him. He received a glare from Xie Yuchen which made him laugh more before deciding the people who will stay and who will go inside the warehouse.

After a few moments, Hei Yanjing will lead Shen Xi, Kan Jian, Li Cu and Wang Meng with the addition of Xie Yuchen, who looked helpless, Wu Xie, who has a smile of victory on his face, and a few men under him.

Xie Yuchen saw the proud look on his cousin's face and sigh. He can really never win against Wu Xie. He looked at the person beside Wu Xie and saw Li Cu, which noticed his stare and nodded at him, which he nodded back, before moving his stares from him.

The group finished their preparation and left the room. But not before leaving behind words of safety to the people who remain behind.

Xiao Tang saw that they left and poked Xing Yao beside him.

"Brother, I'll go out for a while." Xing Yao nodded at the energetic kid and let him go. Thinking that he needs to relieve himself. He doesn't feel worried since the kid can protect himself well.

Xiao Tang smiled brightly before running away. The others noticed his departure but also didn't pay attention. Only Liu Sang and Shen Li noticed something but remained silent, and continued staring at the monitor in front of them.

-----

A disheveled person ran fast through the hallways with a gun in his hand. A sound came from behind him so he turned around to fire at the position he heard it. The bullets hit the wall, and he knew it so he turned to run again and entered a door only to walk out to a backyard. The place was still the same as what he knew, which means that no intruders have found this place. It didn't give him any relief since this place will be a mess after the person running after him followed.

He rushed towards the boulder on the left side of the yard to hide and wait for the person following him to enter, his gun aiming at the door. A few minutes passed and no movement was found. He sighed in relief after finding out and leaning on the solid rock. Thinking that he is safe for a few minutes.

"Ma Dong." The man closed his eyes for a while and opened them only to hear someone whisper his name from beside him. He aimed towards his right and fired the gun only to hear the sound of something hitting a metal.