Female in white

Chapter 8: Female in white

Xin Yue Hotel, Beijing. 3 days later.

Almost all the guests arrived early, seeing as only a few parking spots can be seen in front of the restaurant. Two cars arrived and lined up then parked near the entrance of the venue. The door opened and five men in formal suits exited the car.

Wu Xie looks at the restaurant, which still looks the same as it was in his memories. Pangzi mutters about how he made great memories in this place, although the cost of tea is considered robbery.

The Iron Triangle looked at Xiao Hua and others then nodded at each other and walked together towards the entrance. When the people of Xin Yue Hotel saw who was coming, they immediately blocked the way of the trio. Xiao Hua saw this and walked in front of Wu Xie, the guards saw this and talked to Xie Yuchen.

"Master Xie, this trio is on the blacklist of the hotel. They can't come in." Hei Xiazi walks beside Xiao Hua, then reasons with the guards.

"The debt has been cleared, why can't they come in?"

"Hei Ye. Rules are rules. These three have broken the rules, they cannot enter even if the debt was cleared." The leader of the guard insisted, following the order they received.

Hei Yanjing was about to reply when he paused. As if feeling something, he suddenly looks in another direction, his eyes seem to look for someone or something. Xie Yuchen notices him staring intently in a certain direction and also looks at where Hei Yanjing was looking while the others try to reason with the guards.

The sound of a car halting stopped the banter. A lowkey black luxurious car pulled over in front of the entrance, then a tall man in a dark blue suit got out of the driver's seat. He walks toward Wu Xie and the others, nodded as a greeting, and turns toward the guards. He gets something out of the pocket of his suit and shows a jade token.

Wu Xie watches the man show a white hetian jade pendant with one of the four guardian beasts, Baihu, engraved on it. The person who seems like the boss of the group widens his eyes and immediately puts aside his attitude and respectfully bows down to the man. He then signals one of his people to go inside to report.

"Welcome, Mister. It was a pleasure that you arrived." The leader respectfully bows again but the man arrogantly ignores him this time. The guard didn't seem to be displeased at the attitude, as if it is something that should be done in the first place.

A moment later, a sudden series of rush footsteps came from the door of the hotel, showing Yin Nanfeng and Zhang Rishan with Liang Wan holding his arms. Both of them look at the figure inside the car excitedly causing confusion for Wu Xie and the others, who were looking at them not far away.

"Say Tianzhen, who is so important both the owner of the restaurant and Zhang Rishan came out?"

"I don't know, but since she's important, maybe we can ask her for help." Pangzi nodded, then watched as Yin Nanfeng and Zhang Rishan walked towards the car where a woman was sitting inside.

Zhang Rishan opens the door in the back seat and offers his hand to help a woman wearing a white Chinese tunic embroidered with pink plum blossoms, as she steps out of the vehicle. She wears an almost transparent white veil, not letting anyone see her face, but her eyes show a clear, innocent, and pure look without a hint of filth and ironically, also show a pair of eyes that can see through everything. Yin Nanfeng said something to the woman and then bowed down before respectfully showing the way inside, their group forming a circle around the woman, walking and about to pass by Wu Xie and the others' direction.

When Wu Xie wants to talk as the people are about to pass their group, the woman suddenly pauses, then looks at them, scanning their faces. He does not know if it's just his imagination, but the woman seems to stop her eyes in his direction, staring at him and Xiaoge, who is beside him, a little longer. The man who seemed to be her bodyguard leaned to her ears to say something, she tilted her head towards the group, said something to the man, and continued walking, leaving the stupefied group.