Sentiments (1)

Chapter 60: Sentiments (1)

Zhang Qiling woke up with a start, face showing a rare disorientation. He looked at his surroundings and found himself sitting on a thick tree branch, leaning and probably resting. The place seems familiar and unfamiliar to him, something that was a bit surprising. 

He looked at the 'current self' while tense and found out he was wearing a black with golden lining hanfu with deep plum belt, showing his lean but powerful figure. In his right hand, a black sword was held tightly while his other hand was tucked under his right arm.

He paused as he finally understands that he was in a dream state again, and finally relaxed. Appearing here means Wu Xie is near which makes him look around with anticipation.

Sure enough, he saw the familiar figure of Wu Xie's back, sitting on the grass wearing a yellow hanfu. Beside him, a familiar figure of a woman in lilac hanfu was leaning on a smooth rock, a hyacinth flower in hand. They seem to be talking about something joyful, based on the smile on their faces.

Zhang jumped down like a cheetah, easily and softly without a sound. He walked towards them without any sound and stopped just a few meters away. He almost laugh at their low vigilance, as if nothing can harm them in this place. Or is it because they knew he was around? That doesn't seem impossible.

He leaned on the nearest tree behind them, perking his ears for their conversation.

"Me? What about me?" The woman in lilac asked in confusion.

"You're warm as the sun and cold as the moon, Bai Yue. Just like the warmth in winter season, and the cold breeze in summer night. To me, and to Zhang, you're just like a heaven on earth and light in darkness. You protect me in danger and accompany us loyally. Just like a keeper."  He heard Wu Xie said sincerely, as he also nodded. It seems like he agrees with this statement from the bottom of his heart.

The woman, Bai Yue, seems surprised before smiling gently, tilting her head adorably. "Fine. From now on, I'll be your keeper. I'll protect and help you for eternity. Whether I became a wisp of soul, or a stranger you'll ignore on the road in the future. I'll do everything to protect you." She said clearly and seriously, earning a smile from Wu Xie.

Wu Xie seems to act like it was enough and raised his hand towards her. "Promise me."

"I promise, to you and Zhang." Bai Yue chuckle and made a pact as they both shake their hands. The duo paused at their childish actions before laughing, clear and pleasant making Zhang smile fondly.

They lean on the smooth rock with wide smile on their face, looking at the blue sky peacefully. After a moment of peace, Wu Xie suddenly sit up straight, making Bai Yue looked up in confusion and saw his serious face.

"I have something I disagree."  He suddenly said, warm doe eyes staring straight to her eyes, as if looking straight to her soul causing her to shiver.

"You won't be a stranger. I won't forget about you." He said slowly, as if mouthing a spell right into her soul. "I'm sure I will recognize you even if you change your face or gender."

There was a moment of silence, both staring at each other's eyes. No one break the contact or even move, as if the spell will break if they move.

"What are you doing?" Zhang knew that if he doesn't appear, the duo might stare at each other till sundown, so he announced his presence to the duo, appearing behind them.