• sick

when you fall sick on stage | you as their 8th member

"You don't have to do the concert y/n, you're not feeling well" Namjoon said seeing your tired self.

"I'm fine.." you say resting your head on the sofa.

Your head was pounding so much. You woke up feeling terrible. You had a dry throat and your head was spinning so much. You felt like vomiting but just can't. It may be the food you had yesterday but you weren't the only one who ate that. You shrug the thought off as your manager called you all up to go on stage for rehearsals before the soundcheck.

Jungkook was worried about you. He knew how stubborn you are when it comes to these things. You would never want to disappoint the fans by not performing for them. According to you, it ruins the whole performance that the group has worked hard for. You and Jungkook had started dating a year ago after being in the same group for 4 years. Members know that they would end up together. Anyone who spends time together with them knew that they were literally meant for each other and it was a matter of time until they get together. With the help of encouragement from the other members, Jungkook finally confessed.

"Babe, trust me, the fans would rather see you healthy than risking your health to perform for them" Jungkook say brushing your hair away from your face.

"I'm fine Jungkook, please I want to perform for them. It's the last show here" you say.

"Fine, but if gets too much, don't force yourself please" he said pulling you into a hug.

The whole group went on stage to do the rehearsals before soundcheck with the fans. You were trying so hard to reach the higher notes but because your throat felt so dry, you failed to hit them making you disappointed.

You sat at the end of the stage and warmed up your vocals but you still could not reach it. Ara, your PA, gave you a bottle of water and some cough drops to take. You sighed after realising that you probably could not perform your best for the last show here.

Once the rehearsals were done, you guys went back backstage to the green room while the Vip fans fill up the floor to sit for the Soundcheck.

"Y/N-ah, you don't have to go all out for this show, you're not 100% well" Hobi said getting worried.

"Ya, it's better if you don't strain your voice as it may affect the later shows" Yoongi added.

You just nodded. You closed your eyes in hopes that your head would stop spinning. You then felt the sofa dip beside you and you knew it was Jungkook. He pulled you close and lay you head on his shoulder, massaging your scalp a little. You sighed in satisfaction.

"Don't be too hard on yourself" he softly said.

Jungkook is worried about you. You haven't gotten sick in so long and now, it was like as if it had been piling up and it dropped on you all at once making it worse.

"I just don't want to ruin the show" you say softly.

"I know baby... but your health is priority. Sitting out on this show will not ruin it. Fans would understand, they would definitely prefer you to take care of your health rather than risking it. You know, if you strain your voice more, it could be worse later. I've been in your position before babe, you know that it's better to sit out" he said.

"I promise, if I feel it get worse halfway, i'll sit out... just let me perform a few songs for them" you say.

Jungkook sighed. There was no way he is going to convince you to sit out fully.

"Fine... but really do sit out if it gets too much"he said.

-

"How is everybody doing?" Namjoon asked as the fans on the floor cheered as a reply.