• too harsh

when the fans got too harsh on you | him as your idol bf

You and Jungkook had just gone public about the relationship a month ago. Even though it was a month, it was still a hot topic in Korea, actually worldwide, because of his popularity. You were a normal girl, working under your father's company, not in that idol life and of course fans had a lot to say about that. You and Jungkook have been friends for the longest time. You two went to the same school since young all the way to high school before he graduated and focused on being an idol.

Some fans had already accepted the news and were supporting the relationship, but of course there was still a handful that didn't like the news one bit and had plans to ruin the relationship.

Jungkook knew everything about what people are saying about your relationship with him. He knew this was expected, but he didn't expect it to be this bad; it didn't affect his career, but it affected the health of his loved one, he knows it even though you try to hide it.

You two were on a holiday for a week in Hawaii. Jungkook thought you both needed this to getaway from everything here. It was a lovely one week. You felt refreshed and recharged from the time spent just with him in this beautiful island.

But reality comes back when you landed in Korea. Apparently, his flight details got leaked and there were reporters and fans waiting outside. Jungkook and you had to stay inside the luggage area which was surrounded by windows where the reporters and fans could see, because he was calling the company to get some security as the crowd doesn't seem like it's safe to go out alone. The company had already sent a few on the way to the airport and suggested Jungkook to continue because the security there would help to calm down the crowd.

However, Jungkook was just worried about you. He would've have gone by himself and handled it himself, but because you were here, he was being more careful.

"We should wait" Jungkook said.

"I think the crowd would get even bigger if we stay any longer." you say.

"Okay, the security is on the way. Should we just try and head out now?" Jungkook asked you, and you nodded.

"Stay close to me okay?"Jungkook say and again you nodded.

You followed him out the door and soon the crowd started coming closer. Jungkook stood in front of you and held onto your hand as he guided and lead you through the crowd. You both hung your head low as you try to silence the screams and shouts.

"Y/N! You don't deserve Jungkook! Stop using him!"

"Y/N YOURE SPOILT. GO DATE YOUR DADS FRIEND INSTEAD"

"Y/N YOURE JUST A SPOILT DAUGHTER"

"JUNGKOOK YOU DESERVE BETTER"

"YN STOP USING YOUR DAD TO GET GUYS"

"you're not even pretty"

"what did jungkook see in you"

Jungkook frowned at the words that come out from those mouths. He was deeply disappointed and angry at this point. He didn't even smile at them. Soon, you two heard the voices of the guards asking the crowd to make space for you two. Jungkook then made you walk in front, glancing over at you to make sure you were fine. He's still pissed from what they said. How shameless.

You avoided eye contact from anyone and just continued your way as the guard created space for you two to head back to the car that was ready for them.

Once you both got it, you shut your eyes and took a deep breath in and out to stop yourself from feeling those emotions you had when you went through the crowd.

"It's okay" Jungkook said resting his hand on your thigh, knowing exactly what you're feeling.

No, no it's not. It's been a month, it's not getting any better.

You wanted to say that. But you've had this conversation already, way before you guys went public. This is what to expect. There's gonna be hate no matter what. It just wasn't easy. You wished it didn't have to be like this.

you just nodded and closed your eyes, acting like you were tired. You were but you were also upset. Jungkook knew you were affected by it but decided to give you some space.

-

"I'm going to nap" you announced once you both entered the apartment.

"Okay, I'll be in the studio for awhile" he said letting you have the space.

You indeed went to take a nap in the room while he was in his studio, starting up a VLIVE to talk to the fans about some things that he hope to change.

"annyeonghaseyo" he greeted, smiling a little.

"Yes, I'm already home" he replied to a comment.

He read some fans comments, some who weren't there apologised about what happened at the airport earlier on after seeing videos on it. He just sighed before starting the topic.

"So I made this live to address something that I hope you can take it as it is. What happened earlier today really angered me. I'm not sure if you could tell but I was trying my hardest not to act upon it... aish... it was difficult" he chuckled a little.

"It's not about the mobbing, I mean although it is very unsafe, that wasn't what i was that angry about... the words that were thrown so carelessly and so shamelessly... wah jinjja..." he shook his head in disappointment.

"I usually wouldn't say so much about these things but what happened earlier was too harsh... I couldn't just let it go like that, some things need to change" he sighed.

"y/n-ie, she's someone i care about a lot. Really, I really really mean that. It wasn't an easy decision when we decided to go public with our relationship. I just wanted to be more open with my fans and to do that, I want to be able to love the person I love freely without having to hide, and without having to be involved in other stupid rumours with different people everyday."

"Y/N and I have been friends for the longest time. She's the closest to me in my life other than my family members. She knew me before the boys did. She stuck with me this whole time, even before I went for the audition. She was supportive of my decision and honestly, without her, i don't think I would've went for that audition." he said.

"Throughout the whole journey, she has been with me and was really supportive of everything I did. She would correct me if I did something wrong, she would want to see me grow and she did help me grow to who I am today. I know we only publicised our relationship recently, maybe a month ago, but we've been dating for quite awhile now. I hope ARMY will understand where i'm coming from..."

"And I'm not scolding you all or anything... just expressing how I feel about the situation.. I hope my honest feelings about this don't turn out into something more terrible..." he said before taking a sip of water from the mug.

"She is currently napping. The flight was really long and tiring, I'm also getting tired" he yawned.

After a few more chatting with the fans, he noticed all the comments being more positive and apologising for their thoughts about the relationship. He felt a little better seeing the fans understanding what he meant.

"Okay everyone, I'll end the live now... Thank you for listening to my live today... I hope things don't go crazy after this live" he chuckled a little.

"Anyway, I hope ARMY will understand what I said and take it as it is without interpreting it as something else... i'll go join y/n and nap too" he smiled.

"Thank you, see you soon, goodbye" he waved before ending the live.

He went back into the shared room to see you sleeping peacefully under the covers. The room was a little cold, he chuckled slightly at your adorable figure cuddling into the sheets. He did his night routine before joining you in bed.

He pulled you closer to him, wrapping his arms around your waist. You stirred in your sleep as he placed a kiss on your forehead.

"Sleep, I love you so much love" he said placing a kiss on your head again.

"I love you too koo" you mumbled sleepily in your sleep making him smile.