• when you get jealous

when you get jealous at a party | him as your public idol boyfriend

You were seated in the car in silence, staring right in front of the road, as your boyfriend drove off from the venue. The atmosphere in the car was definitely tense, you knew you were somewhat wrong, but you had an ego that you didn't want to start the talking first.

flashback

Everything was going well until the after party started. Jungkook brought you along as a plus one to this event where idols get together and just spend the night together to celebrate all the victories and whatnot. You felt out of place of course, since you were not an idol, but also because everyone in the room was practically drooling for your boyfriend. Especially, the idol that had been previously shipped with a lot.

You watched as she started walking towards the both of you and completely neglecting your presence. That didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook, hence he took the time to introduce you to her. She just showed off her fake smile and continued conversing with Jungkook as you stood there awkwardly. You were then dragged away by Jimin and Jennie who were part of your close friend group and they basically saved you from the awkwardness.

"She's been eyeing Jungkook ever since you both stepped into the room" Jimin chuckled, downing his drink.

"Does she not know that Jungkook is yours?" Jennie asked.

"How can that be? Everyone knows they're together. She's just trying her luck, but I know Jungkook. He wouldn't fall for it" Jimin said.

You just stayed silent as you watched the two of them converse with one another. You can tell Jungkook wasn't into the conversation but sometimes he would chuckle and laugh at whatever she said and she would lean herself onto him whenever she gets the opportunity making your blood boil. Whereas, YOU, were stuck with the two drunk heads that weren't helping with the situation at all.

Soon, Jungkook excused himself, like FINALLY, and made his way over to you.

"Did you have fun?" you asked, even though you were practically screaming at yourself for blowing your jealousy cover.

"It's okay" he replied, knowing you were going to act up.

"It sure looks more than okay, she was practically throwing herself onto you and you let her" you say.

"y/n" he said sternly.

"what? Isn't it true? I mean just get with her, might as well, everyone was expecting it, even your mom, so it wouldn't be a big deal" you say.

It was true. The first time he introduced you to his family, his mom thought he would end up with her. Everyone did, the whole industry did, because they were two of the biggest maknaes and there were many similarities between them. The collaborations were not helping either.

"We're leaving" he said dragging you with him to the car.

He sure as hell did not want to start chaos in the party. He knew that if he were to reply to whatever you said in the moment, things will blow out of portion and he definitely didn't want it to be in public.

end of flashback

"baby" Jungkook sighed, resting his palm on your exposed thighs.

You removed his hand and crossed your arms, still not facing him.

"You're still mad at me?" he asked, suddenly turning soft.

"Baby, you know she means nothing to me. I don't care if the public thought we might end up together. I'm with you now, and that's who I want to be with. You. Not her" Jungkook started.

"Baby please speak" he said resting his hand on your thighs again, but this time you didn't push his hand away.

You lowkey felt bad that you were treating him like this.

"You know I wouldn't have chosen anyone else" he said.

"It's just that everyone thinks you both look good together. Everywhere I go, people will say how unexpected it is that you ended up with me. I mean, I'm not in the music industry, i'm not an idol. She's an idol, a maknae, and she's just as successful as you and working in the same field as you. You fit with her" you say.

Jungkook sighed and pulled to the side of the road which was near a park.

"Let's go out" he said turning off the engine and head out the car.

He came close to you and cupped your cheeks.

"Tell me about everything that has been bothering you while we go on this walk. I want to know every single thing that is making you feel this way" he said kissing your forehead then leading you to the pathway of the walk, with your hand in his.

"- and it's just a lot.. I really do get where they're coming from and I cannot help but think you might feel the same way too when you hear about those... I don't know, this sounds crazy" you say.

You have been ranting to him about how you feel while he listened. You both were currently right in front of the Han River when you finished your rant. He stopped in his tracks and turned to face you.

"Baby..." he sighed, studying your face.

"How long have you been keeping this to yourself hm?" he asked.

"I just didn't want to bother you or make it seem like I'm so troublesome" you say looking down.

He cupped your cheeks, making you look up at him.

"I've told you many times that you can tell me everything and anything whenever you want. I've never seen you as troublesome and you've never bothered me at all baby. I love reminding you of how much I adore you because I truly do. I can repeat it a million times for you. Trust me, I don't even care if you're not in the same industry as me. I like you because of how independent and hardworking you are. You're literally one  of the biggest CEO in Korea, a fashion company that you started, all by yourself. It's so inspiring and I look up to you for that. You're the one i'm in love with y/n... Everyone who's close to me knows how much you mean to me and how much I adore you.. I hope YOU know how much you mean to me" he said caressing your cheek.

You smiled softly at him and sighed.

"I'm sorry, I let my jealousy and insecurities get the best of me... you've been so good to me, I'm sorry for making us leave the party early" you say, feeling guilty.

"It's okay, I'd rather spend some alone time with you than that stupid party" Jungkook smiled.

"I love you so much," he said and lean in to give you a passionate kiss.

You smiled through the kiss and so did he.

"I love you" you say and you both continued on your little night walk.