CHAPTER 10

“It’s Friday and you’re going to get laid.” Mathenji sings as she mops the floor, shaking her ass from side to side. “I am so excited, and I just can’t hide it. I’m about to lose control and I think I like it.” She uses the mop as her microphone, doing some superstar dance. Some passing kids laugh at her.

“Shut up. You’re embarrassing yourself and me.” I mutter and she laughs.

“Oww, come on. You should be excited. You even fantasized about your neighbor because salt has literally replaced blood in your system and it is coursing through your veins. Truth be told, I am worried about your mental health.” She pauses and places her hand on her chest, looking like a concerned friend.

“You’re crazy, you know that?” she waves me off.

“And Gidigidi knows that. That’s why he is seducing you and he is not going to stop until you give in. friend, ushimile. If it weren’t for the ever charming Refilwe, I would’ve taken you to a sex club or hooked you up with one of Bangi’s friends because you like them buffy.” I roll my eyes and laugh.

“You have so much hope in Refilwe. Let’s just hope he doesn’t underperforms.”

“I would literally kill him with my bare hands. The nerve.” I laugh, even end up choking on my saliva.

“Stop it. Anyways love, I met Masonke’s mother. Can you believe it? She was the woman I bonded with on the book club, my new friend. I couldn’t believe that a woman like her gave birth to a demon.”

She laughs. “You are going to get arrested. Calling the poor guy a demon.” I huff and push my bucket forward.

“Ngiyakushiya nale aisle yakho. (I am leaving you with this aisle of yours)” she even bends, placing her hands on her knees, laughing like crazy.

“Say that again, friend. I need to hear it.” She says breathlessly and I furiously push my bucket. She knows how poor my Zulu is and she likes it when I make fun of myself.

Getting to my apartment, I take a cold shower and pack a weekender bag. I put on a mini dress with sneakers. I tidy up around the place while waiting for Refilwe’s call. While mopping, I hear a knock.

“Coming.” I finish moping and quickly discard the water. I go open the door and I am startled by the person standing there. He smirks down at me. He is shirtless, barefoot and has small shorts on. I clear my throat. “Can I help you with something?” his smirk only grows wider.

“Now that’s no way to greet a neighbour who has made you cum without even touching you.” he licks his lips. What a temptation. “You look pretty by the way. Off to play with the other kids?” I shake my head.

“I am actually waiting for my boyfriend.”

He raises his eyebrows but there is a smug on his face. “Now that’s new. When did you guys start dating? Before or after I made you cum?”

“Stop saying that. What are you doing here Gideon?”

“I wanted us to have some fun but I guess I will see you when you come back.”

“We are not friends. What you saw was a mistake. It shouldn’t have happened. I wonder how you would’ve felt if a guy did that and was actually sexually attracted to Madison.” He clenches his jaws.