CHAPTER 37

“Knock-knock.” The voice draws me out of my deep peaceful sleep. What the hell? I am not expecting anybody this morning, so who the fuck is disturbing my beauty sleep? I groan, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. I look around and a chuckle escapes my lips. I don’t know when did we sleep but I do know that all four of us squeezed ourselves in my bed in a very weird way.

I climb off the bed, put on a robe, sleepers and head to the bathroom. Whoever is at the door will have to wait until I am done urinating and brushing my teeth. Coming out of the bathroom, I smile at Quinn who is yawning and stretching her arms.

“Morning love. Who’s the angry man at your door? I swear he is trying to kick it down.” She mutters and I laugh quietly.

“Only one way to find out.” I walk to the front door and open it. I frown, seeing an unfamiliar man standing on the other side, carrying a bunch of flowers and a board.

“Good morning. Are you Miss Chizoba Gwendaline?” the man asks and I nod. “Well this is for you. Please sign here.” he hands me the small board and shows me where to sign. I am still confused but I sign nonetheless. “Here you go.” He gives me the flowers. “Can we please enter?” who is we?

“What is this about?” I ask.

“We are just doing our job, Miss. We promise to be out of your hair in less than 5 minutes.” I don’t answer, I simply step aside. “Thank you.” he turns to the side. “Gents, you can come in now.” I enter to make space for them. Guys in black and white uniform enter carrying bunches of beautiful flowers. They place them in whatever space they find in the lounge. They then come back and ask for the kitchen. I direct them and they place multiple paper bags there. They all head out and the one who I was speaking to smiles at me. “Here you go. Have a good morning.” He hands me a card and then walks out, closing the door behind him.

Sorry

M.M

That’s all the card states. That’s definitely not Makho. He would’ve written Mr. 12k pants or M.G, the G for Gumbi.

“Okay. Am I in heaven?” Mathenji’s voice startles me. I turn to face her and find the other ladies standing with her. “This doesn’t look like a pleasant surprise.” She steps forward and takes the card from me. She reads it out loud and frowns. “It’s the mayor.”

“What?” my own voice shocks me. I told them about my encounter with the mayor last night. I don’t know what she means by what she is saying.

“This is his way of apologizing for being an ass. He usually does this to his side chicks. You know how some ladies don’t care about making it known to the world that they are dating the mayor. That weave lady who fought with the braids lady once posted something like this on her story and the same card. I don’t know what he was apologizing for, then.”

“Wow, talk about grand gesture.” Reno comments, walking to the kitchen counter and opening one of the paper bags. “Pardon me. The aroma was calling me. I am famished.” We all join her around the counter and unload some of the paper bags. There are ribs, wings, chips, sea food, some English breakfast. Anything you can think of that is usually served at restaurants. “This dude is generous AF.”

“What are you going to do about this?” Quinn asks the million dollar question and I sigh.

“I will keep the rest of the food in the fridge. I don’t know about the flowers.” I respond honestly.