CHAPTER 16

“Hello everyone. Guess who is home?” an oddly familiar voice screams and I turn to look at the entry way. OMG! It’s her. Wandy G. one of my favourite Tiktoker who also happens to be an actress and a TV presenter. What the hell is she doing here? And then the light bulb goes on in my head. Her real name is Mawande Gumbi, Zoe’s daughter who is an actress. Wow, I didn’t think I will be meeting my favourite celeb on a family dinner.

“Wawa.” Her mother smiles and they share a hug. “Look at you. You are glowing. What is new in your life? New man?”

“Eww. I don’t need to hear about my younger sister’s dating life. It’s weird and disgusting.” Masonke gags and I can’t help but laugh. Are all big brothers this uncool about the possibility of their sister’s, either young or old, dating life? Because mine is.

Mawande rolls her eyes. “Oww I missed you too, stuck up brother of mine. Hey Monalisa.” She waves at Monica. Did I tell you that she is also savage? “And who is this?” she turns to me with a smile. She squints her eyes. “Don’t tell me. I will remember on my own.” She bites her lower lip. “You are… @miss_chizoba right?” I giggle and nod. “Two points for me. I mean how can I not recognize my biggest supporter? I was even planning on going to a date with at least 5 of my lucky fans as soon as I settled in and you were going to be the first one. Wow, I can’t believe this. What brings you here?”

“She is my reading buddy.” Masonke imitates his mother’s voice and she slaps his shoulder. “Ouch, ma. I am joking.”

“This is Chizoba Gwendaline. She is a good friend of mine. And she has somewhat became a daughter to me since all of you kids have distanced yourself from me and never visit me unless I say so. Some of you even forget my birthday.” She gives Masonke a stinky eye. I am dying of laughter inside.

“Well I love my mother very much but my job keeps me on the road every time, so thank you, Chizoba for being there for her and with her.” Mawande states politely with a smile.

“I have known her for less than a month but she has done so much for me. I am grateful to her.” I respond.

“Okay, enough. You’re going to make me cry. Carry these to the dining room.” she points at the dishes and we take them dining room where Mazwakhe is chatting with an older man and a younger one. They turn to us.

“Daddy.” Mawande screams and rushes to hug her father. Between Zoe and Mazwakhe, she loves her father the most and he is usually her Man Crush Monday. She also hugs the other two men, ruffling the younger man’s hair.

“Hey, watch it.” The man says pouting causing everyone in the room to laugh.

“And that’s my youngest, Malusi.” Zoe states, looking at me and I nod.

“You’re old.” I tease and she laughs.

“I have done my part. That’s why I am waiting for grandchildren from them except for Malusi. He is too young to have kids.”

“Says who?” Malusi asks and the other older man hits the back of his head. “Ouch, uncle. That was clearly meant as a joke.”

“Better be.” The man turns to look at me. He smiles. “Miss Gwendaline. Such a please to finally meet you. Your interview blew me away.” I frown. Okay. Which interview is he talking about?