CHAPTER 39

I am in awe of everything that is surrounding us right now. I have seen Winston Hotel on social media before, even visited their website, and it’s beautiful but what they have done with the terrace, the pool and the grass near the pool is simply breathtaking. And to think all this was done by Makhosonke for me. I am speechless. There are balloons everywhere, lanterns lined up, leading to a cabana made of LED lights. Inside there, there is a throw laid out, two pillows and food. I turn to him.

“You did this? For me?” I ask, in an estranged voice and he smiles before cupping my face and planting a soft kiss on my lips.
“You are my woman and you deserve all the nice things in the world. This is nothing. I am yet to show you the world, my love.” this is not the arrogant jerk I met at Checkers. This man has the ability to make all my insides melt. His words, his actions, him. Dear God. I wrap my arms around his neck and gently kiss him. He kisses me back and I quickly break it off before we get carried away.

“How did you do all this?” that signature grin of his makes an appearance before he leads me to the magical cabana.
“My love, ngiwu Somkhanda kay 1. Like Nedbank, I make things happen.” I chuckle SMH.

“What does Som what-what means?” he laughs.
“Somkhanda baby. And that’s my favourite clan name. Please don’t butcher it.” I inwardly roll my eyes.
“You have to teach me so that I don’t butcher it.”
“Gladly.” He sits down and brings me to sit on his lap. I squeal before giggling.
“My cushion is over there.”
“And I want you in my lap, in my arms. So this is where you're going to sit.”
“I am ending this right now.” Mawande reminds us of her presence and I blush before burying my head in Makho's neck. He chuckles.
“Thank you, my wing lady.”

“You know how much you owe me.” I raise my head to look at her. She hands him his phone. “You, missy, I am sorry for tricking you but as you can see, it was all for a good cause. To make it up to you, I am taking you to Cape Town on a shopping spree on Saturday. Also, I will bring your car tomorrow. Adios love birds.” She blows us kisses before walking away. She has no problem saying ‘my car' in front of Makho.

“The car is yours now. I have no desire of seeing my woman get into different Ubers or taxis.” I roll my eyes.
“You're being dramatic. That has been my life for what, almost 2 years. It’s really normal.”

“Can we not talk about transport right now? Can we enjoy this moment?” he asks, already planting soft kisses on my neck. “I missed you. I think you have bewitched me. I can’t be this in love with you. It’s not normal.” I snort.

“You’re not all that. Just admit you’re whipped.” He laughs.
“I admit. Now let’s eat.”
He brings the other pillow next to him and makes me sit there. The man is hooked. We eat and he tells me how his week has been like.
“You’re lying.” He laughs.

“I am telling you the truth babe. I went to the restroom and when I came out, she flashed her yellow teeth and motioned that I come closer to her with her dirt stained nails.” I chortle. Apparently he grabbed the attention of a homeless crazy woman and she has been following him around town.

“You should maybe get a restraining order against her.”
He scoffs. “Getting a restraining order means I have to know her name and her address. I don’t even wanna know that. So I told my PA to get me another accommodation because I can’t deal. I would rather stay in a hotel than be stalked by a crazy woman.” he is a drama king. That’s what I can say.

We finish eating and walk around the hotel talking about anything and everything. Then we finally head to his house. It is really beautiful and I love the furniture. As soon as we get to his bedroom, I ask to see his closet. He points at it and I head there. Luckily his clothes are neatly packed and arranged. So it doesn’t take long for me to locate the 12k pants. I dash to the kitchen with it tucked safely in my belly. When I see no sign of him downstairs, I head over to the pantry and retrieve the bleach. I place the pants in the sink and pour bleach all over them. It doesn’t take long for them to change colour. I smile at my work of art and then call Makho.