CHAPTER 11

I am woken up by my ringing phone. I groan, snatching it from the bedside table. I am hung-over from the best sex of my life. I glance at my phone screen and I roll my eyes. Mathenji couldn’t even wait for me to update her. She wants to know the details as soon as the sun is up. This woman. I roll off the bed, picking a towel from the rug and wrapping it around my body. I head to the bathroom to relieve myself and just as I am rinsing my hands, she calls again. I answer the call and put it on loud speaker while I brush my teeth.

“Don’t tell me you’re cuddled up in that man’s arms. Honey, you will catch feelings.” She starts off and I chuckle, spitting off the toothpaste and rinsing my teeth.

“Thank God for you then.” She laughs. “But never, not once have I ever called you while you were cuddling with all your men.” I can literally feel her rolling her eyes.

“Babes, I am not afraid of catching feelings for any of my men because that’s what they are, my men. You made an agreement with that one to have a no strings attached. Cuddles tend to attach strings.” I huff and don’t answer. “Anyways, I hope you used protection because last time I checked, you weren’t using any prevention method.” I frown.

“Fuck, we had our first round in the pool. It was truly spontaneous and nobody could’ve predicted. I guess skin to skin was too good to realize that we weren’t using condoms.” She groans.

“Lord help me. Go buy the morning after pill right now.”

“YOU DON’T HAVE TO! I HAD A VASECTOMY PROCEDURE!” Refilwe answers from the bedroom and I freeze. Fuck he heard us talking about him. “I’M A LIGHT SLEEPER BY THE WAY! I AM HEADING TO THE KITCHEN TO PREPARE BREAKFAST!” I hear footsteps fading before the door closes.

“I am never getting out of this bathroom,” I whisper after taking the phone off speaker mode and the woman on the other end actually laughs. “I should shower.”

“No, don’t do that. What if you guys get down and dirty after breakfast or maybe you have shower sex? Then this shower you want to take will all be a waste, unless you have turned into a mermaid overnight.” I roll my eyes.

“What does one do on such occasion?” she chuckles.

“Play it cool. Wear the top he was wearing last night and go help him with breakfast or watch him do it.”

“Now you want me to look like a movie star. I know I won’t be sexy while wearing his shirt.”

“Try it, and text me the results. Bye for now.” She hangs up and I sigh.

Walking inside the kitchen, I find him flipping pancakes. Some are stacked on a plate and there is syrup next to the plate. My mouth waters instantly. I look at him.

“Hi.” He laughs.

“I love how shy you get in the morning. Anyways, I got vasectomy because I don’t want unwanted pregnancies on my name. A few women have tried to pin their pregnancies on me. I mean who wouldn't want a rich and famous baby daddy? But shit backfired on them.”

“You're smart. But I should also get on birth control. It's just that I haven't had sex in a while. Maybe I last got laid a year ago, so birth control seemed like a waste of time.” He nods.