CHAPTER 27

“Mesuli.” I call him out and he turns with a frown. He is sitting on one of the school benches writing or drawing something on his notebook.

“Miss Gwendaline.” I smile at him.

“Is this seat taken?”

He shrugs. “By you, apparently.” I chuckle before sitting next to him.

“What are you drawing?”

“My art which is part of my assignment. I am doing art as an extra subject.” I nod.

“Is that something you  enjoy or…?” I let the question hang and I see a small smile on him.

“Yeah. I have two additional subjects. Creative arts and German.” My eyes pop out.

“German? Why German?”

“It's kind of compulsory here at school but it is not written law. You have to have one foreign language as your extra subject and I chose German. Don't ask me why I did. I just selected it and rolled with it.” I nod.

“How is it though? From someone who is in a foreign country, I find all of the languages spoken here very difficult to learn. Don't you find it hard?”

“Challenging is more like it. It's great to be able to curse at someone in a language they don't know and have never heard of.” I crack up.

“I am sure your teachers don't teach you how to curse.”

“It's homework we give each other.” I chuckle, nodding.

“Are all subjects challenging to you?”

He nods. “Some of the teachers are not patient and persistent as you.” Okay. I don’t take offence in that because I want to keep him talking. He is interesting.

“How does that make you feel? Not the part about me being persistent.” He snorts, closing his notebook.

“I kind of feel neglected sometimes. I know I am smart and I am capable of getting really good grades but it takes time for me to absorb information and process it. Time that most educators don't have.”

“Mmm. I feel you.” The bell rings and we both stand up. “You can come talk to me whenever you want. You can also call me during anytime of the day. I wanna help you reach your full potential and that would happen if we communicate.” He nods with a smile.

“Thank you, Miss Gwendaline. I will think about it.” He walks away.

“Already flirting with the kids?” a voice asks and I quickly turn. I see this tall guy standing not far from me with a smirk. “Ow my, you are a true beauty.” I roll my eyes.

“I wasn't flirting with my student. I am more of a hands on teacher. My work does not only begin and end in the classroom.” I answer and he chuckles.