CHAPTER 47

Makho did not want to leave. His brother and father invited him to a brunch and he didn’t want to leave. He kept on sulking, saying he wanted to spend the whole weekend with me. I finally chased him out, after threatening him and he called me a devil’s agent. He is such a spoiled brat. I blame Zoe for this. 

After he left, I showered and made breakfast for myself. I am actually glad to be alone. I feel like I have been spending so much time with people that I haven’t even found time to bond with my books. Marking and lesson planning is usually reserved for Sundays, so I take out a copy of The Duke & I by Julia Quinn. I made a mistake of watching the TV series before reading the book but I hope they haven’t omitted most things. 

In between chapter 3, a knock disturbs me. I huff and close my book. I know that whoever the unannounced guest is, they are going to take so much of my time and I won’t be able to continue reading in peace. 

“COMING!” I put on my sleepers and drag my tired ass to the door. Don’t judge me. We came back at 3 am from the club and my man wanted 2 rounds of sex before sleeping. So I think we slept at 4 or 5 am. I open the door and I smile when I see Wandy standing there carrying many shopping bags. 

“Peace offering.” She hands me the gifts and I chuckle. 

“Peace offering for what?” I ask taking the gifts and walking inside. She closed the door and follows me to the lounge. I place the bags in the coffee table and turn to her. 

“Well I promised to take you out twice and both those times, I deceived you. I would’ve taken you out today but I figured that you’re tired or you’re spending the day with my brother. Speaking of him, where is that God Forsaken human being?” she looks around and I laugh. 

“He is out with your brother and father. Some brunch thing.” I respond. 

“Mmm. I am sure mom is out and about with Luncumo. You should’ve joined them.” I shake my head. 

“It would’ve made Luh uncomfortable because Zoe and I tend to talk about books most of the time when we are together. It’s kind of an insult to someone who is not an active reader.” She nods. 

“Aren’t you going to ask me about last night?” I smile. 

“Do you want to tell me about last night?” she giggles. 

“I have been dating Mogotsi for 2 years now. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love him so much. He has been wanting to meet with my family and make things official but I don’t want the media finding out about us. I don’t know how to control an event, make it private so that word doesn’t get out that Wandy-B tied the knot. I am not ashamed of him but I don’t want people all up in our business.” I nod in understanding and sigh. Dr. Chichi, relationship councilor reporting for duty. Where my haters at? Honestly these people should start paying for these sessions. 

“How does he feel about this?” she folds her legs to the sofa and stare at the blank TV. 

“He has been so understand about this. He has seen things from my point of view and doesn’t have a problem but now he wants to take our relationship to the next level. He wants me to be his wife. He wants people to know about us, well my family to be precise. But you heard how dad got when I made a comment about sex. Do you think he will be open minded about this?” 

I clear my throat. “I understand that you wanna be a mysterious celebrity who keeps her private life private but some things are bound to come out. You don’t have to tell the whole world that he wants to marry you, just give him permission to pay lobola for you. Have a private wedding which will have less than 50 guests. Keep your things low profile but just love your man and allow him to make you his officially. Now has he ever bought you anything for birthdays or valentines?” she blushes.