CHAPTER 56

When he comes back home, he finds me settled on a couch, watching a k-drama called Love Alarm.

“Is it going to ring now that I am within a 10 meter radius from you?” he asks and I laugh.
“It wouldn’t ring because I currently hate you for locking me up.” he laughs and places a dozen of shopping bags on the coffee table. I pause the episode because I know he is not going to let me watch it in peace.

“But yours will ring because Ngiyazifela ngawe.” He sings the last part and I am shocked because that sounded so good.
“Please sing again.” I plead and he smiles shyly before taking a shopping bag and handing it to me.
“This is yours and it is important.” I take it, frowning at him.

“I wonder what it is.” I take out the first small box inside and my breath hitches when I see the iPhone 13. “Babe.” I mutter breathlessly and he gestures that I check out the rest of the shopping bag’s contents. The second thing that comes out is an iPad, a smart watch and a MacBook. “Thank you! Thank you!” I jump him and shower him with kisses all over. He giggles and cages me in his arms.

“You look so cute right now.” He perks my lips and I blush. This nigga is making me feel things.
“Let me quickly go and dish up for us.” he chuckles.
“You’re running away from me. Worse you haven’t opened all your gifts.” I snort and head back to my gifts.

Most of them consists of clothes, shoes and even lingerie. I am sure he is expecting me to model for him. There are also grocery gift cards, a clicks one, another from woolies and the last one from bargain books. I guess this guy never went to work. He just went shopping.

“For this, you might get a lap dance.” I wave the Bargain Books gift card and he laughs.
“I knew it.”

“Thank you babe.” I hug him once more and then place the gift bags at the corner in the lounge. “Let me dish up for us.” I have already set up a table in the patio. I quickly dish up and then go place the food and juice in the table. I put on one of his boxers and then call him. He comes with a bunch of white lilies and my heart melts. “I thought you were done with the gifts.”

He smiles. “This is not a gift, love. It’s an ‘Indoda must’.” I laugh and take the flowers. I smell them like most flower lovers do and I love the smell. It’s fresh and unique. “Pose for me.”
I giggle. “With your shirt and boxers?”

He grins. “I know how to take pictures, love.” I roll my eyes and then pose for him. He takes dozens of pictures, I end up being grumpy and he laughs. “Let’s go eat then.” We head to the patio. “Wow, babe. This is beautiful.” He takes pictures of the set up and I laugh. “All this was made by this amazing beautiful woman.” he turns to phone to me and I hide behind the flowers.

“Stop it.” He laughs. We sit down and start eating.
“Mawande has invited the whole family to dinner at her house.” He starts and I immediately know that she wants to introduce her man to the family. She is brave and I like that she is doing this sooner rather than later.

“Awesome. I can’t wait to see her house.”
He shrugs. “It’s girly like her.”
I laugh. “That means it has more class than your house.”
“Take that back. My house is elegant, classy and manly.”
“That manliness is boring.” His eyes pop out and I crack up.

“Please tell me the perfect weekend getaway destination for you guys because I am tired of my mother rejoicing in my misery.” I chortle. Zoe is such a whole mood. I don’t know what combination would come out if she and Mathenji were to spend a whole afternoon together.
“It has to be in Durban or any town in KZN. I have never been there before and I would love to go there.” he nods.

“My mother is originally from Durban so I don’t think she would love to go there. However, there is this town which is 2 hours away from Durban and it is called Richards Bay. It is really beautiful and I have been to Tuzi Gazi before. There is a beach in the area. I know she would love to spend time there. Even if it’s for a weekend.”

“Then it’s decided. When is this trip going to take place? I need to buy some swimsuits for it.”
“Please don’t buy things that are too revealing.” I roll my eyes.
“All swimsuits are revealing. Next thing you are going to say I should wear them.”
“That also sounds like a great idea.” He says with a satisfied smile and I groan. He can be impossible if he likes.

Makho drops me off in my car, well his car, and then gets into an Uber. When I get into my apartment, I find a box on top of the coffee table which I didn’t leave there and I won’t say I didn’t see it when I arrived because I was in a hurry. I go place my shopping bags in my bed and then come back to this mystery box. Is it a bomb? The only person who has a spare key to my room is the maintenance man for emergencies but I think he would’ve told me about this when I saw him in the elevator. After convincing myself that this isn’t a bomb, I find the courage to open the box. I am hit with the smell of brand new books. God, they smell heavenly. I see 2 ceramic bookmarkers with leather straps. I take the first one and I recognize my name in the ceramic part. It is engraved in a beautiful font. The other side of the bookmarker has PAGE HEAVEN logo. I almost miss the message written on the leather strap because it is the same colour as the strap. It is written ‘there is no one like you’ and I instantly know who these are from. This man is going to kill me with this much love. It’s too much for one woman, not that I am saying he should take a second wife. I would kill him.

I sit down and take out the books from the box one by one, reading the summary at the back, smelling them and putting them aside. I grin when I see the ones I have been meaning to buy. This man of mine is a godsend and there is no one else for me. I have to buy him something extravagant which will try to top off his gift, even though I know that’s impossible. I just have to find a friend of his or maybe ask Masande what his brother likes. It then hits me that he has never introduced me to his friends but he seldom talks about them, so I guess his family is more important than his friends.

I take a few pictures of my new books and the bookmakers and then post them on social media, not forgetting to tag Page Heaven and the authors. I then put them on my book case. I clean around the house and when I am done, I sit down and set up my new gadgets. Luckily, we have Wi-Fi here, so I don’t have to worry about data. But Makho also bought me a router to use when I am not home. I know Akose would love to have this phone I am currently using but I don’t want her getting my sloppy seconds. I plan on buying her a new phone on her birthday or when she gets here. I check out Makho’s Instagram and I see so many pictures and videos of me from today. This guy is whipped. I screenshot the ones I like and then post them. He deserves a nice treat and while I prepare for dinner, I will teach myself some stripper dance moves. I need to wow him.

I put on a tape to hold up my boobs and then put on my red sheath long sleeve zipper V-neck party mini dress which hugs my body like my second skin. Underneath I have a lace underwear which is crotch-less. I know my man will go crazy when he sees them. My make-up and hair is on point. I finish off my look with black tie leg stiletto heeled sandals. I put my phone and other small things in my black purse. The sound of a knock informs me that he has arrived. I decide to tease him by leaving my zipper open. I head to the lounge and open the door. When his eyes settle on my body, he goes into a shock. I laugh inwardly. Tease successful. By the time he has snapped out of it, I am halfway to zipping up my dress.

“Aibo, why are you locking away such beauty?” he asks, placing his hands above mine to stop me. I laugh.
“This is for desert, babe.” I drawl in a seductive tone.
“No. this is the starter, main course and desert.”
“Hey, you said you were going to take me out. Don’t tell me I dressed up for nothing.” He groans.
“You woman, are going to be the death of Me.” he allows me to zip up my dress and then we walk to the elevator with him walking behind me. Pervert.