CHAPTER 46

We all move to the dining hall with casserole dishes in our hands. We place them in the table and I proceed to greet the men. I hug both Masande and Mazwakhe and then shake hands with Mr. Mncube. He is practically family but he is still my boss, so I have to try and be professional with him all the time. I look around and I don’t see the Gumbi lastborn. I guess he couldn’t make it to whatever this is. 

We all settle down around the table and Makho sits next to me, no surprise there. While Sinethemba leads us into prayer, Makho’s hand brushes my exposed thigh and I pinch him. He jumps up as everyone is saying Amen and they all look at him. 

“I just felt the Holy Spirit upon us.” he states and I laugh quietly. Holy Spirit my ass. 

We dig in and throughout the whole dinner, we exchange small talks. Zikhona, apparently, has been friends with Wandy for 10 years. Now that’s a long time. I wonder if Wandy is dating or not because she has never posted her partner on socials. But then if you want a drama free life as a celebrity, you don’t publicize your relationship, just like Beyoncé. When we are done eating, we take the dishes to the kitchen and the helpers tend to them. Zoe ushers everyone to the lounge. We find sits next to our partners and Wandy with Sinethemba serves us drinks. I quickly put a cushion on my lap because the slit of my dress has gone up, revealing almost my whole thigh. I also don’t want a repeat of what happened at the table. 

Masande stands up and clears his throat. “You might all be wondering why I hijacked your plans and called you here in such a short notice.” He extends his hand to Luncumo who smiles before taking the hand and standing next to him. “As you all know, this is my woman, Luncumo. I asked her to marry me a few weeks back and she said yes. She is also carrying your first grandchild.” He says the last part looking at his parents. “And your first niece or nephew.” He directs that to his siblings. The whole family, including myself congratulates the lovely couple. 

“I am going to be an aunt.” Wandy rejoices before squeezing the couple into a hug once again and we all laugh. 

“We will definitely baby sit for you guys when you’re in town so that you can have some privacy.” I state. 

“That’s so nice of you.” Luncumo replies. 

“Sorry, but we will not. I won’t listen to a screaming toddler instead of spending time with my woman.” Makho remarks and his siblings just laugh. 

“You love sex too much, brother.” Wandy comments and yoh, the stares she gets from the males are enough to send one to an early grave. 

“What do you know about sex?” Mazwakhe asks with a stern voice. 

“I know that it was done in order for me to be born.” She says, giggling and hiding behind her mother. “But come on, dad. I have shot sex scenes before. I know what it is.” 

“Is this child telling me about sex, sbari?” Mazwakhe asks looking at Mr. Mncube. 

“I hope not.” He answers. Men will always be men. 

“Back to me.” Masande grabs everyone’s attention once more. We have recently purchased a house in Rosebank and that is where we are going to raise our children and hopefully grow together.” 

Zoe is the first one to scream and then engulfs her son in a bone crushing hug. “OMG! I AM SO HAPPY! Why didn’t you tell me about this sooner?” she scolds him while wiping a few tears that have managed to escape her eyes. Shame, I am sure my father would be this ecstatic if I were to find a job in my home town. Speaking about my old man, I should give him a call tomorrow morning. I miss him so much.