CHAPTER 23

Arriving at Blair Atholl, we enter this state of the art mansion which is probably worth millions. We park on the gravel driveway and I exit the car. I spot my sister on the couches near the pool. The night light is making this house looks so beautiful. I wonder how it looks like during the day. She jumps up when she sees me. She is wearing a black one shoulder crop top & brown paperbag waist belted pants set and gold point toe stiletto court heels. I am glad I wore heels.

“Hello Miss Chichi.” She beams before engulfing me in a tight hug.
“Hey sis. You look beautiful.”
“When do I disappoint?” I chuckle. She is right though. She is the fashionista of the Gwendaline family. A trendsetter.

“You never. This house is beautiful.” She smiles and looks around.
“Yeah it is. But it has nothing on his main house in Jabi. You should come see it when you’re in Nigeria. It is a mini heaven.”
“Maybe in December.” She nods with a smile.

“Let’s head inside. His daughter is not here yet. She is in Milan, shopping for her graduation dress. Perks of having a rich father. Her first after party is going to be at Konka. She actually booked the whole place and she will be partying with her friends and some of her class mates. She invited these really famous celebrities. I heard David Guetta is also going to be there.” Damnnn.

“Fully book Konka? Do you even know that place sisi? It’s one of the high class clubs in Joburg.” She rolls her eyes.
“Apparently. Abaeze make such places look like a tavern.” I crack up. “We have been to clubs where they have to check your net worth on Google first before allowing you entry. So if your Konka is not that fancy, it’s not all that.” my God.

“Does he have a widowed friend on his level?” she chuckles, shrugging.
“Not that I know of. Come on, let’s not keep him waiting. He can be grumpy when I am not near him while we are in the same place.” Sounds like he is clingy. But I am still stuck on the Konka part. Some people are rich out there. We enter this heaven and I am totally blown away. It feels like I am floating. I can never afford a house like this in this life time, unless I venture into the illegal kind of money making.

“Oww really?” a voice makes us both stop. “Daddy misses you too. Yes I am with her. We are coming back on Saturday. What should daddy bring you? You wanna talk to her?”

Udoa smiles before pulling me to another room, a lounge. We find this really handsome fit man sitting on the couch with a glass of whiskey on his hand smiling like crazy. My sister rushes to sit on the guy’s lap before taking the phone away from him.

“Hello baby.” my sister beams. “Aww, I miss you more. I will bring you favourite cake and candy. Love you more. Don’t you want to say bye to daddy?” she laughs at the response. I just make myself comfortable on the couch near me. “Okay, bye angel.” She hangs up and places the phone on the coffee table.

“You hijacked my call.” The man sulks and Udoa laughs before kissing the guy. My sister is very happy. I have never seen her like this. This guy brings her out of her comfort zone and just make her feel loved and cherished. I just hope all is well even behind closed doors.

“My sister is here. You can be a big baby after she is gone. Then I can give you whatever you want.” She bites his earlobe and jumps from his lap before he tries to kiss her. “Babe, come on.” He smiles before turning to me.

“I am being rude, I am sorry. My name is Abaeze Eesuola, your sister’s man. I am too old to be a boyfriend.” I chuckle. “You must be Chizoba.” He extends his hand and I stand up to shake it before returning to my seat.

“Let me get you something to drink because Eze has helped himself to a drink.” Udoa stands up.
“This is the first and last one tonight, I swear. I will down my dinner with water.” He gives her a teasing look and she squints her eyes at him before walking off. “Was she always like that?” I smile.