CHAPTER 26

MAKHOSONKE

Mabusi enters my office carrying an iPad on her hand. She is not one of those PAs who use a diary or a notebook. Everything happens on her iPad. I once joked about what would happen if a thief were to steal it. She assured me that it has insurance and all the data is backed up on iCloud. 

“The accommodation and transport in Potchefstroom is ready for you. I have paid all fees upfront so that you won’t have any difficulties. I will be joining you on the week of the trial.” She states and I frown. 

“What are you talking about, Busi?” I ask. 

“The Serebolo case, Makhosonke. The clients that actually paid all the fees just so this case can go smoothly. Don’t tell me you forgot about it.” 

I sigh and run my hand through my dreads. It has been a rough two weeks for me. From ending things with Monica, the drama that came with it and my feelings with all that. I haven’t had time for myself and now I must go work on a case which I last heard about when the client approached me. Being a man sucks sometimes but you gotta man up. You gotta act like some issues don’t affect you. I look at Busi. “Fine. You will forward me all the details about it. When am I supposed to leave?” 

“On Monday at 2pm. Finally. We will have peace around here for once.” I actually laugh. I am not a tough boss but I can be teasing and rude sometimes. Busi is not afraid to call me out on my bullshit and actually demand my respect. That’s why she has been my PA for a very long time. 

“Whatever. What else do you need?” 

“Ohh I just wanted to confirm the flowers order. You want them to go with chocolates, appletizer juice and lunch, right?” I nod. “At your uncle’s school to Miss G?” I nod again. “I can’t wait to meet this lady, yaz. Never have I ever been tasked with ordering flowers for your lady friends. Well Monica doesn’t count because she is not a lady.” I chuckle. Busi is really savage. I think she would get along with a certain somebody. 

“Get out.” she laughs. 

“Ouch. Hit a nerve?” she winks, laughing and then heads out. Crazy girl. 

I am ecstatic about the dinner with my sisters. We have never had an outing like this before. I guess after finishing school, we all went our separate ways, pursuing our careers, outside the family. I am sure Akose will be so jealous when she sees our pictures together. Hurrying up, I get dressed and put on light make up. My phone beeps and I check the message. 

‘Hey, Mr. 12k pants here. How are you doing?’ 

I frown. Where the fuck did he get my number? I don’t need his drama right now. I just ignore his message and continue getting ready. Taking my bag, I quickly head out, locking the door behind. Entering the elevator, I remember Quinn from the other day. I make a mental note to meet up with her maybe this weekend after I have done my laundry. I get inside the Uber and my phone rings. It is Mr. 12k pants. I huff and decide to answer it because I don’t want him to be a nuisance during my dinner with my sisters. 

“What?” I answer harshly. 

“Hey! What has gotten into you? Are you sexually frustrated? Need someone to scratch that itch? It could be that because I have never heard my mother say something about you having a boyfriend.” I can hear amusement in his tone. Son of a book worm. 

“Why are you harassing me, Masonke? Are you that bored? Get a life man, or go get another 2k to deal with. After all, you have a thing for kids.” I bite back and he laughs. Like literally laugh.