CHAPTER 63

"I heard about the Prize Giving Day at the school. Also a little birdie told me that your subject came out second." Zoe starts off and I chuckle. Of course that little birdie of is her brother. I honestly love how they always have Prize Giving Day each term at the school. It encourages students to do better and some to pull up their socks.

"Yeah, I am thrilled that Mesuli is the top achiever in this term. I don't have favoritism but I hope he can reach his full potential and prove his haters wrong." I respond and she nods. We are currently on a plan to Richards Bay for our weekend getaway.

The past three weeks have been nice. Yeah, we shopped for a trip that was set this late but I am pretty sure we are not the only ones who hate last minute shopping. Zoe ended up calling all her kids and telling them about her mother. It was a bitter revelation. Makho seldom talks about his grandmother but the night he found out she was dying, he actually once stayed with her while he was young and as he grew up, he went to visit her on holidays. He wanted us to go see her as soon as he heard but I chickened out.

I don't mind spending time with Zoe because I don't take her as my mother in law but Makho's grandmother, that's a bit intimidating and scary. It's like Makho is finally going to introduce me to his actual family not his cool family which I am accustomed to. But the woman is dying, so I have to meet her sooner rather than later. The weekend after this trip, there will be a family gathering at Zoe's home now in KZN and Makho said we are going. That jerk didn't even ask. So I will be meeting the fam. Then 2 weeks after that, my family will be coming to SA and I will have to introduce Makho to them. God, I am not ready for that. So please ask the time keeper to extend the weeks.

When we land at the airport, we take a cab that drives us to the hotel. Richards Bay is really beautiful. It has that chilled, calm vibe compared to the king bee, Joburg. As we enter the suburb called Meerensee, I am shocked by the great number of lodges and guest houses in one place. It's like a mall of lodges. When I spot KFC, I ask for the driver to park so that I can stretch my legs a bit and get milkshake. He agrees. When all the ladies climb out of the car, I just laugh. Sinethemba and her mother also joined us. Luncumo was feeling under the weather, so she stayed behind.

"You guys could've stopped the driver." I start off, stretching my arms above my head. They all laugh.
"You are like that on passenger who asks to be dropped off at the bus station and then boom, half the taxi gets up with her." Mathenji teases.
"I know the feeling." Sinethemba adds. Her parents bought her a beautiful luxurious car on her 21st birthday but she is one of those rare people who actually enjoy using public transport and only uses her car at least 5 times a week.

We head inside the franchise and I order a chocolate milkshake with some medium pops. The other ladies also order snacks and Zoe pays with Makho's card. The trip is sponsored by my boyfriend. At least the clothes weay decide to purchase are sponsored by the honorable Mazwakhe Gumbi. We get back into the car and the driver takes us straight to the hotel. BON Hotel Waterfront. It is really beautiful. When we get off the car, I actually take my time to just pause and breathe in the sea breeze. It is calming and soothing. Meerensee people are blessed. Imagine experiencing this breeze every waking day. Pure Bliss. This is a five star hotel and it is living up to its stars. I don't even see the ladies taking pictures because I am still taking in the beauty of this place. It's my first Time in a place like this, so let me be, people.

We head inside the grand lobby and first check in before taking a dozen of pictures because we don't want security chasing us it and calling us chancers. We then head up to our suites. I am sharing a room with Mathenji while Wande is with Sinethemba and Zoe with her sister in law, Snothile.

"Friend, can we stay here forever?" Mathenji groans as she throws herself into bed. "My God, I am stealing this bed."
I laugh. "Gangster girlfriend vibes." She gives me the middle finger and I just continue laughing as I check out our suite.