CHAPTER 35

As I am finishing up cooking dinner, my phone rings. It’s a video call from Makho. I smile widely. Crucify me, I don’t care, but I am falling for Zoe’s son. But I hope he will be there to catch me in the end. I place the phone by the bread bin and answer the call so that I will be able to speak with him while clearing the kitchen.

“Hey Makho.” I answer and I see him smiling as he ruffles his dreads. Last time I saw him, he had them in an updo. When did he let them loose? “When did you change your hairstyle?” I can’t help myself, and he chuckles.

“This case has been stressing me, so I had to do anything to reduce my stress levels and that included me untying my brain.” He is also shirtless.
“Great. I was tired of talking to a stupid dude all the time. I guess I am yet to experience the more intellectual side of Masonke Gumbi.” He laughs.

“Ow wow, Miss Gwendaline, you got jokes now?” I giggle.
“Something like that.” I shrug.
“What are you busy with?” he questions.
“I am cleaning up. I am done preparing for dinner. The only thing left is to shower and then wait for my guests. How about you?”

“I am craving your cooking. How come I have tasted it once but I am the boyfriend?” I snort, wiping the counter.
“I promise to spoil you rotten with my home cooked meals when you’re back. You just have to be good friends with the gym. I don’t want you panting like a pig on top of me when you have a huge belly because that’s what my cooking provides.”

He titters, sitting back only to reveal his six pack. “My love, nothing can take away this great body of mine, even if I don’t go to the gym for 30 days straight, I will still have that body many ladies dream of touching.” He flexes his biceps and I giggle, turning to place the dishes on the sink so that he doesn’t see that he has turned me into a love sick teenager. “Take off that shirt and turn around slowly.”

I roll my eyes, still giggling. “I am not about to do phone sex with you, Makho.” I turn around to see him smirking.
“So, did anything interesting happen today at work?” he inquires and I sigh.

“I met Mayor Makhulu and God he was so arrogant. Why do rich people think that everything revolves around money? If I didn’t care so much about my work and my student, I would’ve insulted him so bad.” He frowns.

“You mean Mayor Mthimkhulu?” he asks.
“Yeah, that one.”
“What was he doing at your work and which student are you talking about?”

“I am not allowed to tell anyone about Mesuli, but remember the kid I told you about? The one who might be dyslexic?” he nods. “Well, I dug deeper into his issue and found out that he might have DDD. I told his teachers and mother about my research and mayor was not there. He only came to see me today and tried to pay me off for the research. I nearly strangled him.”

He chuckles angrily. “You should have. I don’t want men doing shit to you while I am out of town. Maybe when I am back, I will pay him a visit.”
“Okay. Let’s not make a big deal of this. It happened and I put him in his place just like I did with you. I know how to handle your kind, arrogant assholes that is.” he grins, licking his lips.

“That is something I know ow too well. Please send me some nudes after taking a shower.”
“Or you can just drive an hour for the real deal.” I respond in a sexual voice, tilting my head to the side.

He groans, shifting on his seat. “Don’t plant ideas in my mind, babe. Because honestly I wouldn’t mind driving only to be buried into your paradise.” I chortle. Men when it comes to sex, they would do almost anything, including crossing a sea full of deadly piranhas.

“I will just send you those nudes you requested so that you can jerk off while looking at them. How about a sneak peek even now?” I unbutton my shirt slowly, revealing my push up bra which makes my boobs look so sexy.