Chapter 3

Vivian's P. O. V:

Erza's scarlet hair flashes as we walk through the streets of the Flower Blooming Capital of Crocus, the Flower Blooming Capital of the Fiore kingdom. Once a year, a huge festival of wizardry, the Grand Magic Games, are held in its borders. The streets are filled with excitement and the hustle and bustle of hopeful wizards and curious spectators alike.

At the heart of it all, stands the king of Fiore's castle, the Luminaria Palace, Mercurious. Sitting atop the mountain to the west of the city, is Domus Flau, the colosseum where the Grand Magic Games are being held.

And, huddled somewhere among all this craziness, is us!

We stop when our teammates collapse on the ground, moaning and groaning in pain, clutching their stomachs and sides.

Apparently, they'd received helped from the guild, Crime Sorciere, and a woman named Ultear Milkovich cast a spell of some sort in them to help awaken their Second Origins. I was glad I didn't have to endure it. When we gotten back to the guild hall, Erza had told me about Crime Sorciere's mission to find the mysterious Zeref like magic power they've been sensing over the past six years.

I'd agreed to help.

Wendy groans in pain, "I can't believe I still feel so horrible!"

Gray says, "I really hope that whole Second Origin unleashing spell wasn't just some kind of sick joke to make us lose the contest."

Lucy says, "I do sort of feel like I have more magic power... but everything else in my body feels like I got hit by a train..."

Erza and I turn toward them. "Chin up!" Erza orders, hands planted firmly on her hips. "There's no time for whining!" Lucy and Gray sweat drop at us as they look up at us.

I'm wearing my usual work outfit. Before leaving Magnolia, Gramps had made me promise not to tell the others of a certain secret.

Lucy mumbles, "Why aren't you two feeling like death on a cracker?"

Gray mumbles in response, "My guess is, she's always had her Second Origin. And, as for Viv-chan..." Gray flicks his deep blue eyes to me as he adds, "She probably doesn't need it, considering Viv-chan spent the last three months training."

Lucy mutters, "That makes perfect sense."

I give them a sheepish closed eye smile. I haven't told anyone about my encounters with Rogue the last few months as I don't know how they'll take it.

I also didn't say anything because Rogue told me that if his master knew about us, he would be in serious trouble, though I don't understand why.

Master Makarov had chosen the obvious to represent our guild: Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy and Wendy. I was disappointed that I wasn't chosen, but Master still seemed to have some tricks up his sleeve....

Soon, Master Makarov appears, along with Jet, Droy, Levy, Bisca, Alzac, and their daughter Asuka, who is perched on top of Master's shoulders. They start chatting about the games that happen during the competition.

I already knew about them from what my guild mates have told me, so I zoned out of most of it.

"Hey! It looks like the Fairy Tail guild is here!" A guy says from the crowd.

"Those clowns?!" Another laughs.

"Well, somebody's gotta come in last place, right?!" Another adds, laughing.

I glare daggers at the men as Natsu yells, now standing on Erza's other side, "Hey! Are those jerks laughing at us?!"

I tell Natsu calmly, even though I don't like them laughing at us, either, "Forget about those losers, Natsu. They're not worth it."