Chapter 62

Vivian's P. O. V:

We watch as Tempester's body lights up on fire as he heads straight for the Lightning Dragon Slayer.

"It's completely up to me again," Laxus mutters with his eyes closed.

"Do something!!" Gajeel snaps.

Lightning crackles around Laxus' fist and he punches the demon's face with it. When Laxus pulls his arm back, Tempester is thrown backward across the ground.

"I don't understand this! Did you neutralise the poison?" Tempester asks in confusion, looking back at Laxus.

"I'm running solely on vengeance," He replies, surprising the rest of us.

"Whoosh!" Tempester says before four tornadoes of wind swirl around the three of us.

Laxus grunts before his body is surrounded by lightning. He sends out bolts of lightning which hit the tornadoes, dispersing the spell.

I stare in shock at that.

Laxus leaps toward a surprised Tempester as he growls, lightning crackling around him, "You've hurt my friends! And nobody has ever done that and survived! THIS IS FOR FAIRY TAIL!!"

Laxus appears before Tempester and punches the side of his face, knocking the demon to the ground. Laxus leaps backward as Tempester starts to get to his feet.

Laxus says challengingly, smirking, "Bring it on!"

"Yes. It'll be my pleasure! Whoo!" Tempester chants, causing a huge chunk of stone to fly at Laxus. He lights up with both his lightning and magical aura, which is gold in colour, and the lightning strikes the stone, shattering it.

Tempester makes more stones fly at Laxus. He sends out more lightning to destroy those, as well. I watch from beside Gajeel as Tempester suddenly looms up in front of the Dreyar, and mutters, "Whoosh!"

His fist becomes wrapped in air as he aims a punch at Laxus. He simply leans his head back to avoid it. When Tempester brings another punch toward Laxus, the blonde male meets it with his own lightning covered fist. They break apart and leap backward.

For several moments, Laxus and Tempester just stare each other down, waiting for the other to make the first move.

"But, how?! No way! You're not even human, are you?!" Tempester demands to know.

"Wait... what's  he talking about?" Gajeel asks me.

Tempester explains, "You didn't recover—your body is teeming with Bane Particles, and yet, you're still able to stand. Your organs should be liquified by now."

Gajeel and I gasp in shock at that revelation.

Tempester states with a hint of astonishment, "That's why you're just standing there and not launching any attacks, isn't it?"

"I guess my secret's out, huh?" Laxus utters in a strained tone, wiping what could only be blood from his mouth. "That means I'd better end this quickly."

"This is the end, you fool! Tur Fwhoosh!" Tempester expels flames from his mouth at Laxus. They swirl and wrap around him, setting him aflame.

I exclaim fearfully, "LAXUS-KUN, NO!!"

"Tch! Can you even call this stuff fire?!" Laxus asks mockingly, appearing unfazed by the attack. Lightning crackles around him. "It's not hot enough to burn! Is this the best you can do?!" The lightning destroys the flames and Laxus charges forward once more.

"You're sick; the poison is coursing through your veins, so why do you still fight?!" Tempests questions as Laxus appears before him with his fist covered in lightning.