Chapter 9

Vivian's P. O. V:

I went and meet up with Rogue to go to our usual spot. We sit on the bench as the sun sets, painting the city of Crocus in gold.

"Erza was incredible today," Rogue speaks up as I cuddle his Exceed.

"Yes, she was. She's actually my idol," I say in agreement.

"Now I understand what makes Fairy Tail so strong," He says. "I really hope that Sabertooth can become that way in the future. You're lucky to have such amazing guild mates."

"We fight for each other, she's ears together and laugh together. That's what being apart of a guild is all about," I tell him. "I've no doubt Sabertooth is just like the rest of us, but that you guys are just putting on a facade. I know that not every guild can be exactly like Fairy Tail, but even the others such as Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus and Mermaid Heel are like Fairy Tail, to an extent. A guild is a family, and it doesn't matter if you're blood related or not. We love each other unconditionally, and will do anything to protect each other."

"Sabertooth doesn't have that," Rogue says.

"Maybe not now. But things will change, for the better," I say, taking Rogue's hand and giving it a comforting squeeze. "I've told you that before. And I know you believe it, too, Rogue-kun."

"I know you're right, Viv-chan," He says.

"I'm glad we met, Rogue," I murmur.

I set Frosch on the bench as I rest my hands on it and bend my right knee a little, the afternoon breeze gently tossing my light chestnut brown hair. Rogue gazes at me with a hint of pink on his cheeks.

"Vivian," Rogue says after a long time of silence, making me blink my eyes at him, "I can't really explain it, but when I'm with you, I just feel like I can be myself

"Vivian," Rogue says after a long time of silence, making me blink my eyes at him, "I can't really explain it, but when I'm with you, I just feel like I can be myself. Like I don't have to wear a mask, or anything. With you, it just feels normal."

"I feel the same way," I say, putting my hand atop his as I gaze into his crimson eyes. We sit in content silence for awhile, occasionally chatting about random things.

We go out for dinner again and Rogue walks me back to the inn, a content silence between us. When we reach the Honeybone Inn, we say our good nights and I cuddle Frosch again before we go our separate ways.

                         🗡🗡🗡

I stand at my team's railing with a happy grin on my face. It's the fourth day and in the arena is a huge naval sphere, making this contest a water one. Juvia immediately offered to go considering she's a water mage, and that was the best option. From Team A, they'd picked Lucy, who is no doubt going to use Aquarius for this battle.

It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top.

"Well, someone's in a fantastical mood this morning," Mira says, noting my expression.