Chapter 48

Third Person's P. O. V:

The battle between childhood friends continues for hours in the street of Gardenia, but neither of them seem to be giving an inch. Vivian has suffered more burns from lava attacks, such as her left foot, upper arm, stomach and chest, to the point most of her chest is showing. Even her pearly white breastplate was melted away. Another drop of lava got the right corner of her mouth as she'd narrowly dodged a shot to her shoulder.

Despite her injuries, Vivian continues to fight Iroh.

Dodging another attack, she leaps up and runs along the roof of a building. Vivian forces on a burst of speed as Erza runs alongside her, now in her Heaven's Wheel Armor,

Natsu launches a great ball of fire as he shouts, "Fire Dragon: Brilliant Flame!" The sphere narrowly avoids the Takeover mage.

"White Dragon: Holy Breath!" Sting expels a massive laser at Iroh and, like before, it creates a hole in the ground beneath him. And, once again, Iroh somehow survives the attack before shooting a wave of lava at the blonde.

Gray launches lances of ice at Iroh. "Ice Make: Freeze Lancer!" They grazes Iroh's sides but the ice melts almost instantly. Taurus continues to hack at Iroh while Scorpio shoots out sand. Lucy lashes out with her whip, sometimes striking Iroh's arms. "Ice Make: Ice Bringer!" Gray creates two swords of ice and slashes them for Iroh's feet.

Iroh simply melts the ice before shooting lava at the Fullbuster.

"Sky Dragon Roar!"

"Fire Dragon Roar!"

"White Dragon Roar!"

All three Dragon Slayers expel their breath attacks and they hit Iroh, causing him to stagger backwards. Erza leaps off the roof first while summing several swords.

"Now, dance my swords! Circle Swords!" With a thrust of her arms, Erza sends the blades flying for Iroh. They seem to bounce harmlessly off of him.

"You will never defeat me!" Iroh declares, swatting at Erza who flies away. "You may as well give up, Fairy Tail, Sabertooth!"

"We will never surrender!" Vivian shouts as Erza slashes her swords in a delta formation for Iroh's right side, her sword glowing iridescent. "As long as we draw breath to our lungs and can still stand, then we can still fight!"

"That's right! We will find a way to defeat you, Iroh!" Erza adds before sweeping her twin swords in a pentagram formation. It knocks the Takeover mage back but Erza was already requipping into her Armadura Fairy Armor. "And none of us will ever let you hurt Vivian again! Fairy Burst!"

Erza launcges herself for the lava monster and thrusts her right sword, crack light with green energy, at Iroh. She strikes him in the stomach and forced him back with a cry of pain, creating an explosion.

"Second Origin Activation," Vivian calls, causing all heads to swivel to her.

"Is that...?!" Lucy gasps, her chocolatey brown eyes wide with recognition.

"It has to be that spell," Charlele affirms, nodding her head. They were told of it by Vivian after the Grand Magic Games.

"I can't believe she'd resort to that spell," Lucy murmurs, seeing the unwavering expression on the Knight's face.

"... Starry Rift!" With a cry of immense exertion, the brown haired girl leaps off the roof and towards her childhood friend while swinging her rapier to the right. As she does, Iroh fires lava at her. Vivian couldn't dodge it, so most of the lava got on her right hand, spreading to her wrist. Vivian cries out but keeps going, slashing her sword across. Her rapier cuts through solid rock and veins of lava, including space.