Chapter 38

Vivian's P. O. V:

Rage courses through my veins as I raise my eyes to look at Neridah through my bangs. I was so furious... I don't think I've ever been this angry before.

"Aaahhh! Viv-chan is scary!" Gray, Natsu and Happy exclaim as the blue Exceed clings to Lucy's leg.

"Whoa. I don't think I've ever seen her this angry before," Says Lucy.

"I can't remember the last time Vivian got this angry," Says Erza, just as shocked as the others as she gazes at me with wide eyes. "She's usually so kind and happy."

"It would seem as though Neridah's actions have pushed her over the edge," Charlele says, eyeing me wearily.

"Fire Magic: Fire Bullet!" Neridah unleashes a massive bullet towards me. There's a pink blur as Natsu gets in front of me and sucks up the flames in his mouth.

"Fire Dragon... Roar!" The Dragneel expels a powerful breath attack back at Neridah.

"Water Magic: Water Dome," She says, creating a defensive dome to block the attack.

I dash around Natsu while thrusting my rapier forwards, emitting bursts of green energy. "Valkyrie Sword Magic: Oblique!" I rapidly thrust my sword for Neridah, and one of my thrusts gets her right side. "Valkyrie Sword Magic: Streak." I slash my sword in an upward diagonal, knocking Neridah back, but missing the thread tying the Crystallite to her neck.

"Ice Make: Saucer!" Gray sends out a razor wheel of ice at Neridah but she makes an ice shield to block it.

"Open, Gate of the Scorpion: Scorpio!"

Scorpio appears and points his tail at Neridah. "Sand Buster!" A torrent of sand is shot at Neridah.

"Sand Rebellion!" To our surprise, Neridah generates a large amount of sand, and, with a gesture of her hand, prompts it to start revolving around her opponent, surrounding them. She then swipes both of her hands, causing the sand to literally explode in a powerful blast which damages the celestial spirit. 

"Scorpio!" Lucy exclaims.

"Sorry, Lucy! I'm out," He says before disappearing.

Neridah laughs before receiving a flame filled punch to the face that knocks her back. Erza was there while spinning her lightning spear and shooting out a beam of electricity at Neridah.

It hits Neridah, causing her to scream.

"Diagonal Sting!" I appear before we and sweep my blade in an upward diagonal before slashing it back down, making Neridah scream again.

"Sky Dragon Roar!" Wendy expels a powerful breath attack that slams into Neridah, throwing her back yet again.

"Ice Make: Seven Slice Dance," Gray says, crouching before Neridah with blades of ice growing out of his elbows. Gracefully, he spins and slashes at her with those blades of ice. Neridah gives a pained cry as she stumbles backwards.

She catches her footing while glaring hatefully at us. "Sand Magic," She says lowly, holding her hand upwards, "Sand Shower!" Needles of sand rain down on us from above. Lucy cries out as they graze her skin.

I summon my Valkyrie shield to block the attack.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Shooting Star!" I launch myself for Neridah as I thrust my sword at her, emitting bursts of green energy.

Neridah summons her twin longswords and I use the tip of my rapier to block her vicious swings. We exchange violent swings for a few minutes, our blades moving like quicksilver, our bodies blurring.