Chapter 8

Vivian's P. O. V:

I didn't sleep well last night, after everything that happened.

I sigh as I stand next to Mira. She hears my sigh and turns to me. "Viv-chan? Are you alright?" Mira asks in concern.

"Yeah. I'm fine, Mira-chan." I glance over at Natsu. I'd heard from Lucy last night that he'd broken into the Sabertooth inn, and challenged their guild master after learning that a Yukino was excommunicated just because of her loss from her match with Kagura.

What in the heck was Natsu thinking? He could've gotten himself killed, or even Rogue killed. It wasn't surprising to say that Erza was pissed with Natsu when she found out. Though, I completely understand why he did it; I'd probably have done the same.

Natsu looks at me but I quickly turn my head away. I sense that there's guilt in Natsu's expression, but I keep my attention on today's contest, which hasn't been announced yet. Today, I'm wearing my work attire.

"Welcome to Day 3 of the Grand Magic Games! That puts us at the halfway point," Chapati greets everyone; today he's wearing a blonde wig.

Yajima asks, smiling, "How are we ever going to top the dramatic fights and eye candy of the last two days?"

Chapati tells us, "I, personally will be on my best behaviour around today's guest. From the Magic Council, it's Martial Lahar!"

Yajima says pleasantly, "It's been quite awhile!"

Lahar replies appreciatively, "Thank you for having me here."

"As Chief Martial of the Custody Enforcement Unit, your job is catching the bad guys, isn't it right?" Chapati states.

"Yes," Lahar says, nodding. He adds jokingly, "And, let me remind any would-be cheaters that I'm watching you!" The crowd laughs, and the black haired man cracks a smile.

"Let's kick off this hot day with a game that's sure to be exciting! One that we call Pandemonium!" Chapati announces.

"As usual, we will have just 1 member from each team competing, so please choose wisely!" Chapati reminds us. I look over at Team A to see Erza walking out onto the arena.

"Erza's going?" I say, perking up. I turn to my teammates and say, a bit of excitement entering my voice at the thought of competing against Erza, "I'm going to take this one, since Erza-chan is competing!"

"Well, I think I should! I gotta redeem myself after yesterday," Gajeel says.

Mira asks Cana, "Why are you here anyway, Cana? I thought you were a reserve member?"

Gazing around, Laxus asks, "Yeah. What happened to Mystogan?" I've noticed he was absent this morning, too.

Leaning toward Mira to whisper to her, Cana replies, "The guest announcer is the same guy who arrested him, so he decided to sit this one out today." I smile a bit at that.