Chapter 50

Vivian's P. O. V:

I was eating food with Lucy, Natsu and Happy in the guild hall one morning, wearing a short sleeved red dress and stockings with a white jacket over it. On my feet are knee high boots.

It's been nearly a week since Rogue went back to Sabertooth but I haven't really heard much from him

It's been nearly a week since Rogue went back to Sabertooth but I haven't really heard much from him. I'm not that concerned because he's probably on a job, anyway...

Lucy asks me, "You okay, Viv? You seem rather zoned out?"

"Eh? Oh, yeah. I guess. I've just been thinking about Roguey. I haven't heard much from him lately."

"Did something happen?" Natsu asks around a mouthful of food.

I shake my head as I reply, "He's probably on a job. I don't need to worry; I know Roguey can take care of himself."

"Viv!" I turn to find Makarov waving to me from his office. "Lacrima call for you. It's Sting."

Natsu looks up at this as I mutter, "Sting-kun? I wonder what he wants." I get to my feet and go into Makarov's office. Once I close the door and sit before the lacrima, I answer the call and Sting's worried face pops up. "Yo. What's up, Sting?"

"Viv! Thank god you answered. Rogue went on a job to eliminate the Scarlet Shadows guild. The only thing is, he's been gone for three days," Stint informs me, causing worry to bloom in my heart.

"Three days? And you just let hi go off on his own, even with Frosch?!" I exclaim, my hazel eyes widening.

"He was adamant about it. I need to ask you a favour. Do you think you could head out there and rescue him?" Sting asks.

"Say no more!" I exclaim as I jump to my feet. "Just tell me everything you know about the Scarlet Shadows guild." Sting nods and does so. When he finishes, we hang up and burst out of the office and rush over to Mira, at the counter. "Mira, I need a map with the Scarlet Shadows guild location on it, pronto!"

"Okay, but why?" She asks as Lucy, Natsu, Happy and Juvia turn towards me curiously.

"Rogue's in trouble. He took a job there but hasn't been heard of for three days. I'm going to rescue him," I reply. Mira goes to retrieve the map I need.

"We'll go too!" Natsu offers as Happy and Lucy agree.

I say seriously, "Thanks, you guys, but it's better if only I go. Besides, Rogue is my mate. I should be the one to rescue him."

Natsu pauses before saying, "Alrighg, Viv-chan. But you'd better promise to come back alive!"

I smile assuringly as I say, "Of course."

Juvia speaks up, "Um, Viv? What kind of anniversary present would Gray like? Juvia can't come up with anything."

"I don't have time for this, Juvia, but I'd suggest just making him something, like a scarf," I say hurriedly before Mira hands me a map. I nod my head appreciatively to her. "Thanks, Mira-chan."