Chapter 19

Vivian's P. O. V:

As the shadows swirling around me dissipate, I raise my hand and blink my eyes up at my saviour as I lean up on my elbows, shock written over my features.

All the baby dragons have been blasted back by a very tall man with his snow white coloured hair reaching down below his tailbone, the right side of it ebony black

All the baby dragons have been blasted back by a very tall man with his snow white coloured hair reaching down below his tailbone, the right side of it ebony black. His back is to me so I can't exactly see his face as he holds out an arm to the dragons, now scattered around us on the ground and unmoving.

The white haired man also wears a black cape with yellow trimming and bits of cloth split around his waist as he wears a light long sleeved shirt with the right one having been singed away, and dark pants with tall boots.

"It looks like I got here just in time, my Queen," Says the man in a silky voice. It sounds vaguely familiar to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. The man lowers his arm as he turns to me, a smile on his lips as his visible crimson eye swims with warmth, the other hidden by a thick veil of bangs.

"Wh-Who are you?" I question.

The white haired man kneels before me as he holds out his hand and says, "It will all be explained to you in due time, my Queen. It's best if you come with me. It's too dangerous for you here." I just stare at him, uncertain if I should trust this man, even though he did just save my life. "Please, my Queen, I need to get you somewhere safe."

I hesitate a moment more, but then I give a small nod. I grasp the man's hand and he swiftly pulls me to my feet before lifting me up bridal style in his arms, much to my shock.

"Hey, what are you—?!" My question is cut off when shadows swirl around us again and we teleport elsewhere. I feel like I'm choking on air before the shadows disperse. I blink my eyes as I find myself atop a giant adamantine dragon. My saviour sets me on my feet and I gaze around. My eyes were wide at the destruction below, blasts of magic visible in the darkness. I turn to the white haired man who is smiling at me, as though unfazed by all of this. "Who are you? Atlas Flame told me the dragons were to spare me upon your command. What connection do you have with me?"

"You mean, you still don't see it?" He asks, tilting his head. The man raises his hand and caresses my cheek. His touch was cool, making my skin tingle. "It's because you're my mate, Vivian-chan. I'm sparing your life because even after all these years, after everything I've done, I still love you. I'm Rogue, from seven years into the future."

I gaze at him through wide eyes, unable to believe what I'm hearing. "R-Rogue-kun?" I ask, uncertainly. He nods as his smile turns sad. I furrow my brows as I raise my hand to his face. Rogue doesn't pull away as I lift his bangs. Where his right crimson eye should be is nothing but a scar. I gasp softly in shock. "What happened to you? And why are you doing this?"

I pull my hand back. Rogue snakes both arms around my waist and pulls me against his strong chest. I try to pull away but he won't loosen his grip.

"Please, just let me hold you, Viv-chan. For now. Please," Rogue asks in a soft tone. I don't say anything as I relax against his body. "I succumbed to my shadow when both you and Frosch were killed, 1 year from now. I was just so lost and in so much pain that I couldn't stand it, so I let my shadow take over. Then I killed Sting and took his powers." I gasp at that. "Afterwards, I set out to use the Eclipse Gate in order to trick the Princess Hisui into bringing in the horde of dragons. Obviously, it didn't work as Lucy Heartfilia managed to close the gate before anymore could come through. No matter. Seven dragons is more than enough for me to defeat Acnologia. I plan to destroy him and become the next Dragon King. Then you'll rule at my side as my Queen. You and my past self will be the only ones to survive this battle." He tightens his arms around me as my body goes numb with shock.