Chapter 60

Rogue's P. O. V:

Sting and I had arrived at Tartaros just in time to save M' Lady, and it was all thanks to the news my mate had brought us earlier that day. Sting holds the dark haired woman bridal style in his arms as we face off against a nasty looking man, who's holding some kind of book in his left arm.

I really don't like the vibes he's giving off. We need to deal with him quick so I can go look for my mate. I know Vivian is an S-class wizard, and she can take care of herself in a fight, but I just can't help but worry about her.

I have to be by her side as soon as possible.

Erza Scarlet stares at us with a stunned expression on her face as she gets to her feet and says in confusion, "I don't understand. What made you come here?"

Sting replies as he sets M' Lady against a pillar, "Vivian told us about M' Lady."

Erza looks even more surprised. "Vivian sent you? Oh, that's right. I've forgotten that she'd offered to go to Sabertooth and tell you herself."

Lector says, "She sure did!"

Frosch chimes, "Viv-chan is the best!"

"In any case, we're just glad she came to us when she did," Says Lector.

"Everyone was so relieved!" Frosch chimes.

"We would've arrived much sooner but we were still trying to figure out Vivian's message," I say.

"She told you everything?" Erza asks, blinking her brown eyes.

"Just that M' Lady needed help."

"Oh."

A worried expression settles on my face at the thought of my mate. Erza seems to notice and understand. She smiles assuringly at me.

"Don't worry, Rogue. Last time I saw her, Vivian was just fine. She can take of herself."

I blink my eyes a couple of times at that, before giving her a grateful nod.

Sting smiles at us, listening to the conversation, before he turns back to Minerva. He says pleadingly, "M' Lady, please come back to the guild with us."

Tears continue to drip down her face. Her right eye is covered with an eyepatch, leaving only her left olive green eye visible, her teeth clenched as she tries to keep in her sobs.

The man before us sneers as he states, "Go wherever you like; Mard Geer shan't stop you. But, no matter where you may flee, you will still be in a world without magic."

"We know that F. A. C. E has been destroyed," Erza says.

"It's true. One was demolished," The Tartaros member points out, startling the Requip Magic user, causing her to gasp softly.

"Hold on," Sting cuts in. "We did see a bunch of creepy looking face statues on our way over here."

I input wearily, "If those are indeed what you're talking about, there are far too many to count."

"What?" Breathes Erza in shock.

"Just 1 hour," Says Mard Geer. "That's approximately how long we have until every last one of them detonates. Thousands of pulse bombs will unleash their power all at once, and thus cleanse the scourge of magic from this world forever. It's exactly as Mard Geer envisioned. You can take comfort in the fact that it isn't your failure; there was simply nothing you could've done to stop it."