Chapter 18

Vivian's P. O. V:

I suddenly drop to my knees and cover my face with my hands, hanging my head, too overcome with shock at what Atlas Flame has just revealed to us.

"Vivian-chan!" Juvia exclaims as she and Erza jerk their heads to me in surprise.

I'm the only one to be spared? I don't understand why.

After a moment, Motherglare gives a roar of pain, as though hit with a Dragon Slayer attack. No doubt it was Natsu.

"CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" The Dragneel's voice can be heard from all over the demolished city. "LET'S QUIT PLAYING AROUND AND USE OUR DRAGON SLAYER MAGIC! THERE ARE SEVEN DRAGONS... AND WE GOT SEVEN DRAGON SLAYERS! WE CAN DO THIS! IT'S WHAT WE WERE BORN FOR! OUR WHOLE LIVES HAVE LED TO THIS DAY! LET'S USE OUR POWERS... AND SLAY SOME FREAKING DRAGONS!! .... WHO'S WITH ME?!! 'CAUSE I'M GOING DRAGON HUNTING!!"

There's an explosion as Natsu slams an incredibly powerful attack upon Motherglare.

"Wait... he said seven Dragon Slayers," I think to myself but still don't move from my position. Then, it hits me like a stone to my head. "He couldn't possibly mean Cobra?! I haven't seen him since the Infinity Clock incident!"

Motherglare roars and I hear Lisanna ask, "Hey, what are those?"

"I don't see anything," Elfman mutters. I hear a bunch of somethings hit the ground as Lisanna gives a cry of fright. "What are those?! Giant eggs?!"

"So, uh... those things... those are dragon eggs, aren't they?" Lisanna asks.

"Don't worry. They're not gonna hatch right after they've been laid," Elfman assures her. They gasp, however, as cracks appear in the eggs and the hatchlings emerge.

Atlas Flame laughs triumphantly.

"Great. We're surrounded," Romeo grumbles.

"Unfortunately, the odds are of this fight are not in our favour," Mavis says grimly.

""They're not gonna hatch," huh?" Lisanna reiterates Elfman's earlier words.

"Look at them. They've got an army!" He says in disbelief.

Romeo says incredulously, "Dealing with one dragon is tough enough as it is!"

"Come now, Vivian! Succumb to your fate by my master's side!" Atlas Flame tells me.

"I won't! I won't align with such evil!" I cry out, burying my face in my hands.

"Then I shall bring you by force!" The flame dragon snaps before he goes to charge at me.

"Vivian, now's not the time for a nap, coz we've got incoming!" Gray warns me.

Just before Atlas Flame could attack me, he's slammed into the side and knocked away by a powerful force, followed by the sound of lightning.

"It's Laxus!" Mavis snd Romeo say in unison. I slowly lift my head to see the Lightning Dragon Slayer having punched Atlas Flame back from me with his body covered in lightning.

"Quit gawking," He says, landing back down with his hands clasped together. "Or did you not notice there are dragons to slay? I'll take the big myself. And, Vivian, you'd best get away from this area. I won't allow this overgrown lizard to take you."