Chapter 10

Vivian's P. O. V:

After Lucy was carried out of the arena by the paramedics, Fairy Tail Team A followed after her. My teammates and I went to see how Lucy was doing after that,

"Any word on Lucy's condition?" I ask the second I throw the door to the infirmary open and we walk in, my eyes glued to the unconscious Heartfilia in the bed.

"Is she awake?" Mira asks.

"You guys came?" Gray asks in surprise, glancing back at us.

Cana replies, "We may be on different teams, but we're all in the same guild."

"Laxus?!" Natsu asks in surprise upon noticing the Lightning Dragon Slayer.

"So? How is she?" Gajeel demands.

Porlyusica explains, "She's not out of the woods yet, but she'll pull through, thanks to Wendy."

Wendy denies as she shakes her head, "No, it wasn't just me. We're lucky Shelia was there to help out, too."

"Thank goodness," I murmur.

Erza says gratefully, "I'm glad to hear she hasn't sustained any lasting injuries."

"They're gonna pay!" Natsu growls, sitting on a stool at the end of Lucy's bed.

"You can sure as hell bet on that one," Laxus agrees, anger lacing his voice.

Happy gasps when Lucy starts waking up, "She's awake!"

Lucy gazes around to see both teams gathered around her bed. "You guys... I'm sorry..."

"Say what?! Why are you apologising?" Natsu exclaims in confusion.

Lucy replies as she hides her head under the blanket, "Because I screwed up again!"

Gray says in an attempt to cheer her up, "Are you kidding?! Second place is nothing to be sorry about!"

Wendy agrees, "We got 8 points in that round!"

Erza compliments while nodding her head once, "Yes! Good job!"

Lucy looks at us with wavering eyes as she stutters, "I... I've lost my keys..."

Happy holds out Lucy's key pouch as he steps over to her and says, "I've got 'em right here."

Lucy takes them and hugs the pouch to her chest as she sighs in immense relief, "That's a relief! Thank you, Happy!" We watch as Lucy passes out.

I say, gazing at the blonde, "I think she's going to be okay."

Cana snaps angrily, "But we still can't let those guys get away with this kind of crap!"

Gray says, "I feel the exact same way!"

"Lousy bunch of scumbags!" Gajeel seethes.

The door to the infirmary opens, and we turn to see Master standing behind us.

"Master," Cana greets.

"Unfortunate circumstances, but I'm glad both teams are here. I have something to tell you," He says. "I was just contacted by the games' organisers. Though, I'm not sure if it'll be a help or hindrance to us, we've been asked to consolidate our two teams into one."

"Say, what?!" Natsu exclaims.

"So, we've gotta be like everybody else now, huh?" Laxus asks.

Mira rushes up to Master as she asks worriedly, "Why are they doing that?!"

Master responds, "Since Raven Tail has been disqualified there are now seven teams remaining. Having an odd number makes it difficult to match up competitors for the battles. Therefore, we've been ordered to do away with the A and B groups and form a single five person team for the rest of the tournament."