Chapter 7

Vivian's P. O. V:

"After an exciting day, the final match of Day 2 of the Grand Magic Games is about to take place," Chapati announces over the microphone. "This one will test the skills of Mermaid Heel's Kagura Mikazuchi against Sabertooth's Yukino Agria!"

I perk up upon hearing this. As a fellow swordswoman, I'm very curious about Kagura. I hope I get to meet her in battle sometime!

"Once more, we're treated to two lovely ladies going head to head," Chapati adds.

Yajima says with a hint of disappointment, "Something tells me that this won't be another beauty contest."

Chapati says, "Well, personally, if they want another one, then I am all for it!"

Of course you are, perv!

Jason exclaims, pointing at the two opposing female wizards, "Awe, come on, you guys! These chicks are way too cool for something that cheesy!"

"I have to agree with him on that one," I think, studying the swordswoman and celestial spirit mage.

Chapati states, "Kagura's made quite a name for herself. Not only is she considered the strongest member of Team Mermaid Heel, she also was recently named the top female wizard by Sorcerer Weekly! On the other hand, not much is known about her opponent, Yukino. However, the simple fact that she has been chosen to represent the mighty Sabertooth in the games would lead us to believe she will be a force to be reckoned with."

The gong goes off.

Chapati calls, "The gong has been struck! Let the battle begin!!"

Yukino says, inclining her head in acknowledgment, "It is an honour to cross swords with you."

Kagura gasps in surprise. She closes her amber eyes as she responds, "For me as well."

Yukino asks, "So. Shall we do the others before us and make a wager?"

Kagura states simply, "Silly bets do not interest me."

"Is it because you're afraid of losing?" Yukino questions.

"You're mistaken if you believe that," Kagura answers. "I fear no such thing. But when I enter into an agreement, I guarantee it will be enacted without fail. Therefore, I never gamble for entertainment."

"Nor do I. So let's raise the stakes," Yukino says seriously. "Let's wager... our lives."

I stare with wide eyes at the white haired girl. Is she serious?!

"If you truly intend to stand behind your wager, then I suppose I have no alternative but to accept," Kagura states, her eyes closed. "Very well. Have at you!"

Chapati says, clearly surprised, "Well, this is certainly an unexpected turn of events. Today's batch is full of surprise!"

"Hm," Was all Yajima says.

"No way!! This is so unbelievably not cool!" Jason exclaims, jumping to his feet.

"Facing a member of Sabertooth in battle is quite an unfortunate fate," Yukino says as she takes out a familiar object from her waist.

I murmur, "So, she's a Celestial Spirit Magic user, too?"

Yukino holds the gold key in her right hand, outward, and it flashes with magic power.

"What's that? A gold key?" Kagura questions, sounding unfazed. "I presume it's one of the zodiac keys."

Yukino calls, "Open! The Gate of the Two Fish..."