Chapter 43

Vivian's P. O. V:

My eyes widen as I see Iroh thrust his hand towards us, lava shooting out.

"Watch out!" I warn and we all jump away just in time to avoid the blast of lava.

"Is that lava?!" Screams Lucy.

"Just don't let it touch you!" I warn as it hits the side of a building. A hole is formed where the lava hits.

"Well, it seems as though I'm out of here," Says Aquarius.

"You can't just leave!" Lucy protests.

"Hmph. I'm pretty much useless against a hunk of molten lava, so see ya!" Aquarius then vanishes back to the Celestial Spirit World.

Lucy and Wendy scramble out of the way to avoid another couple blasts of lava.

"How are we supposed to fight that thing?!" Sting demands to know.

"Fire Dragon Roar!" Natsu shoots a powerful stream of fire at Iroh. Iroh sweeps up his left arm and forms a wall of lava to block the attack.

He then shoots a large bullet of lava back at the pinkette. Natsu's eyes bug in their sockets as he flails his arms.

"Whoa!!"

"I've gotcha!" Happy says as he scoops up Natsu and flies out of the way.

"Thanks, buddy!" Natsu breathes a mushroom shaped sigh of relief.

Iroh continues to fire bullets of lava at my teammates and I. Lucy summons Scorpio and Taurus and lashes out with her Fleuve d'étoiles whip, which glows with magic power.

Erza requips into her Heaven's Wheel Armor, and summons several swords above her head.

"Now, dance my swords! Circle Sword!" With an immense grunt of exertion, Erza thrusts her arms towards Iroh and sends the swords flying for him. He simply thrusts out his right hand and fires a blast of lava, melting the swords.

Erza flies towards him and slashes her swords in a delta formation at his arm. "Trinity Sword!"

Iroh quickly yanks his arm out of the way and smacks his hand against Erza, sending her tumbling to the ground. She hits it with a couple of grunts.

"Erza!" I exclaim worriedly. She struggles but still manages to get to her feet. I breathe a sigh of relief before I run at Iroh while thrusting my sword. "Valkyrie Sword Magic: Oblique!"

I slash at Iroh's feet to try to topple him but he evaded my attack and throws out a leg to kick me. I backflip just in time to avoid it.

"Diagonal Sting!" I slash my rapier in an upward diagonal then back down, cutting the front of Iroh's body. I smirk, hearing him grunt with pain.

"Shadow Dragon Slash!" Rogue manages to graze Iroh's left arm which earns him a roar of rage. Rogue melds into the shadows to avoid being hit by Iroh's arm. Iroh shoots lava towards me and my friends again, as I start to charge at him as my sword glows blue.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Flashing Comet!" I pierce my sword into Iroh's left leg, causing him to stagger. He goes to bring his foot down atop me. I couldn't move out of the way fast enough, but I feel a pair of arms grab me and we leap out of the way.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" Asks Rogue in concern, studying me for injuries.

I give him an assuring look as I reply, "No. I'm alright."

Rogue sets me down and inhales deeply. He calls out, "Shadow Dragon Roar!"

"White Dragon Roar!" Sting also shoots out a beam of light alongside Rogue's shadows. They slam into Iroh, knocking him back a bit.