Chapter 44

Vivian's P. O. V:

Back in our hotel, we gather in my and Rogue's room. I sit on my bed with Rogue and Sting next to me, Lucy, Wendy, Charlele and Erza on Rogue's bed, while Natsu, Gray and Happy linger around the room, all of them gazing at me with prompting expressions.

Her arms crossed, Erza speaks up first, voice stern. "Alright, Vivian. It's time you told us about your connection to Iroh. What is it? And why does he think you've betrayed him?"

"We met not long after my parents died when I was six years old," I begin, raising my eyes to meet my teammates. "I was travelling on my own for awhile and soon awakened my Valkyrie Requip Magic. More time passed after that, and I was fending off some bandits when I first met Iroh..."

"Let's get her, men! She's just a little girl," The bandit leader says.

They lunge for me but I manage to backflip in order to avoid their attacks.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Linear!" I thrust my sword forward a couple of times and it grazes the faces of two of the bandits, before I slash their comrades' sides.

A few more men surround me with weapons raised, giving war cries. I spin out of the way before I launch at them while thrusting my rapier.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Streak!" I slash my sword across and take out one bandit after the other. There were a few more so I took them out as well with the same spell.

"You little brat!" I turn as the second last member falls to face their leader. "You're gonna pay for intruding our hideout and taking out my men. Water Magic: Water Slicer!"

He thrusts put his arm to send curved blades of water at me. I duck to avoid them, startling the bandit leader. The blades hit the wall behind me and slice right through them.

I gape at it. Such power behind the attack!

I fade the leader as he fires the same attack again. I once again duck to avoid it before I run towards the man.

"Water Magic: Water Lock!" I was suddenly lifted and clamp my lips shut to keep in precious air. The man smirks. "Try getting out of that! In seconds, you'll lose all your breath."

"Not good," I think to myself. "I'm already starting to lose air... if I don't get out soon, I'll..."

Just when I was starting to lose consciousness...

"Purple Flare: Purple Rain!" The sphere of water suddenly vanishes as the bandit leader is forced to jump away from an attack. I look up, my hair and clothes wet, to see purple fire raining down on the bandit. A figure strides into the hideout, one hand in his pants pocket. He has long spiky dark hair and dark eyes. "Fighting a little girl? That doesn't seem fair. You should try fighting someone your own size!"

"Damn you!" The leader growls. He goes to send out more water blades at the newcomer, but I was already moving.

Pink energy bursts from my rapier as I slash it against his side. The man seems to move in slow motion as surprise flits across the newcomer's face. Then the bandit leader collapses.

"I thank you for your help, but I had it handled," I say to my saviour as I flick the blood off my rapier and hold it loosely at my side.

"Really?" He asks, disbelievingly, holding out his left hand as the other rests on his hip. "Didn't seem like it to me. It looked more like you were drowning in there."

I scowl as a red tick mark throbs on my forehead. "Well, it's not like I asked you to save my butt!"

"Feisty! Then, next time I'll be sure to leave you to the bandits," The boy says with slight sarcasm. "I'm Iroh, by the way. I'm a mage."