Chapter 36

Vivian's P. O. V:

I reach the Crystallite chamber in a few minutes, after turning another corridor. The door swings open and I step inside with my rapier gripped in hand, gazing around wearily.

I pause and gaze around for the auburn haired woman, but I don't see her yet,

I bring up the tip of my rapier to block the tip of Neridah's own long sword as I spin towards her. She smirks coldly at me.

"I was waiting for you, Brown Haired Swordswoman," Neridah says. We exchange swift blows before pulling back and I jump back a few paces to get a safe distance.

"Give me the Crystallite, Neridah," I order.

"I don't think so."

"It's dangerous!"

"You won't scare me," She says, face dark. "You will fall by my hand."

I straighten as I close my eyes briefly, solemnly. Reopening my eyes, I murmur, "Then you leave me no choice. Requip!" My body glows and n a heartbeat, I have requipped into my Valkyrie Armor. I brandish my rapier. "The Valkyrie!"

Neridah smirks as she too glows. Then the glow fades to reveal her Anarchist attire with the brown crop top, shorts and red scarf. She brandishes her twin longswords with a flourish, before pointing the left at me and holding the right above her head. "Requip: The Anarchist!"

We don't move for a moment, as we stare each other down. Our bodies glow with our magical auras: mine being pink, hers yellow. The air and ground shake as we harness our magic energy.

Once the auras fade, Neridah and I narrow our eyes sharply before we launch towards one another, our bodies blurs.

There's a loud clang that echoes through the room as our swords clash, the tip of my rapier being used to deflect her longswords.

We exchange several swift blows, our blades moving like quicksilver, before she gives a mighty swing towards me. I manage to jump back a few paces in time to avoid it so I can get a safe distance from her.

I hold up my rapier defensively as Neridah chuckles. "You won't be able to beat me, The Flash."

I say coldly, "Tell me, why do you want the Crystallite so badly?! And why do you want revenge on these innocent people?"

The brown eyed woman seems to pause as a dark look glimmers one her eyes. "I was born without magic," She begins. "I lived with my parents in our peaceful village. But when my parents died when I was nine years old, I had since desired magic. I couldn't awaken it on my own. As I travelled, I heard rumours about a magic crystal that could grant any nonmage any type of magic they wished—except for Dragon Slayer and other Lost Magics, of course. So I did research and found it was sealed away on this island—the last of the Crystallites. I'd needed a seal breaking wizard after I discovered the seal around the Crystallite. I hired the three women from the Northern Wolves guild and one of them just so happens to be a seal breaking wizard. We came to this island seven years ago and stole the Crystallite. I'd spent years training in it ever since, preparing for the day I'd destroy this village for their mistake of having sealed away such a powerful magic!"

"But the Crystallite is dangerous!" I plead, trying to get through to her. "Do you even know what it'll do to you if you overuse it?!"

"Of course I do!" Neridah snaps, startling me. "I'm well aware."

"Then why?! Why throw away your humanity?"

She doesn't answer right away. Finally, Neridah speaks up, "Because I was tired of feeling weak. Because I wanted to be as powerful as you, as Titania, as the Salamander." I stare at her, surprised. "Yes. I know all about you in Fairy Tail, especially since your guild won the Grand Magic Games. That's why I'm doing this."