Chapter 45

Vivian's P. O. V:

Rogue and I return to the hotel, his arm around my shoulders as I carry Frosch.

"Where've you two been?" Gray asks as we walk past towards our room.

"Yeah. You were gone an awful long time," Happy adds, snickering.

I roll my eyes as I say, "I just needed to clear my head and Rogue joined me. We only talked. That's all."

"You sure about that?" Happy asks.

I frown at him. "Shut it, cat."

"You sure it's okay for you to be out with Iroh around?" Lucy asks as she and Natsu walk down the hall.

"I had nothing to worry about," I tell her, snuggling closer into Rogue's side as he tightens his arm around me. "Roguey was with me the whole time, even though I know I can take Iroh by myself."

Gray and Natsu stare at me with a raised eyebrow. "What gives?" The Dragneel asks. "You were all down in the dumps during dinner, but now you're basically like your old self."

"Roguey cheered me up is all," I say, puffing my cheeks a little.

Happy teases, "I think I know how, too!" I shoot him a dark look as my eyes flash dangerously, like Erza's. Happy cries out and hugs Gray's leg.

"Aaahhh! Save me, Gray! Viv-chan is getting all scary again!"

Gray just deadpans at him as I rest my head on Rogue's shoulder. Gray mutters, "Well, maybe you should stop teasing her about her and Rogue."

"Anyway, Viv," Says Lucy seriously, "are you sure you can face it h tomorrow?"

"I know I can this time," I say as I tilt my head towards her. "Because this time, I'm not alone in this fight." My teammates and Rogue smile at me.

"Aye!" Cheers Happy.

Rogue and I return to our room as we all get ready for bed.

🗡🗡🗡

The next night, in my work attire, I have dinner with my teammates before we get started with the mission again. We split up into teams of two. Rogue and I were one team. Then Erza and Wendy. Lucy and Natsu and Sting and Gray.

"Where do you suppose he could be hiding?" Asks Rogue as we search a part of the city.

"I'm not sure, but it must've been near the plaza," I muse. I cast my gaze downward as I walk, feeling a bit anxious about the upcoming fight.

"Then I've no doubt he'll show up very soon," Murmurs the Cheney.

We fall silent as we continue to search for my childhood friend.

🗡🗡🗡

Almost two hours have passed before Rogue and I stop on a roof, the late night breeze tossing our hair and clothes.

"Anything?" I ask into my earpiece.

"Nothing yet," Reports Erza. The others respond similarly.

I scowl, braving a foot on the ledge of the roof. "He's gotta be here somewhere!"

"He'll show up soon enough, Viv-chan. I know it," Rogue tells me assuringly. I glance at him as I nod, really grateful that he's here.

Something catches my attention and I blink my eyes, seeing a familiar huge figure firing bullets of flame at buildings. Civilians scream as they try to run away from Iroh.

"He's here!" I exclaim, before I launch myself from the roof, startling my mate. He was quick to report to the others and follow after me. I land in a superhero stance with my knees bent, left leg stretched behind me slightly and my hand on the ground to brace myself, before I take off at a run for the fire mage. I turn a corner and skid to a sharp stop, a dark glare on my features. "Iroh!"