Chapter 30

Vivian's P. O. V:

Back at the inn room, Wendy heals my arm after healing the worst of my wounds.

When she finishes, Wendy asks as the green glow fades from her hands, "There. How's that?"

I smile as I say, "Better. Thanks." She then moves on to heal Natsu and Erza, who've sustained cuts from the Flash Raven user.

"I can't believe we had to retreat," Says Gray, frowning, as he leans on the wall with his arms crossed.

"We had to so we could save Vivian and the others," Says Loke pointedly. I was surprised he was still here. "So this Crystallite you're after..."

I nod my head. "Yeah. It grants the user any magic at a basic level, but after a considerate amount of training, they could use advance spells. It's that necklace Neridah wore around her neck. We have to get it back from her."

"I'll be more than happy to help out," Says Loke.

"Thanks, Loke," Lucy says smiling.

"So, what's our next plan?" Asks Natsu when Wendy finishes healing him and moves onto Erza.

"Neridah will no doubt make a move on the village," I say thoughtfully. "So I think our next best plan is to stakeout and attack Neridah when she comes to attack the village."

Erza nods her head in agreement. "Good call, Viv. We'll move out tonight."

🗡🗡🗡

At sunset, Era, Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Wendy and I head out to the village to watch for Neridah and the Northern Wolves. Loke had gone back to the Celestial Spirit World.

I wait by the statue of Yuki Sapphire for the enemies to show up. I let out a sigh as they haven't shown up by the time the sun sets.

"Where could they be?" I wonder aloud. Just then, something catches my attention. I look up in surprise to see Rogue ahead of me. "Roguey? Why's he here?" A grin stretches across my face as I run up to him. The Cheney smiles back. "Rogue-kun!" I throw myself on him in a hug. "I didn't expect to see you here!" Pull back from him. "You know I can handle this job request, so you didn't have to come all this way."

Rogue just gazes back at me silently. My smile fades a little.

"Rogue-kun?" I murmur. He then turns on his heel and walks away without a word. Okay, I know Rogue is usually the silent type, but even he smiles and says hello to me! I blink my eyes once I realise my mate was leaving. "Roguey, wait!" I run after him, smiling sheepishly as I just think he might be joking around. "Where are you going? Is Sting-kun here?"

I was vaguely aware we were leaving the village and entering the forest. But I keep chasing my mate.

Rogue and I have just entered the darkened woods when he finally stops. I stop behind him, smiling sheepishly. "You finally stopped, Shadow Man! Now do you care to explain why you're all the way out here?"

Rogue just glances back at me silently. I swear drop a little. Okay, even this silence was kind of nerve wracking to me. Rogue turns to face me fully and we gaze at one another for a long moment.

An uneasy feeling settles over me.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Gray goes to check on Vivian to see if she'd encountered anyone, since it's been an hour and a half after sundown. However, by the time the Fullbuster reaches the statue of the saddened mage, he stops and blinks his eyes upon seeing the Requip mage is absent.

"Huh? She's not here?" Murmurs Gray to himself. "It's not like Viv to wander away from her spot when she's assigned to it." Gray is approached by Erza, Lucy, Natsu, Wendy, Charlele and Happy.