Chapter 40

Vivian's P. O. V:

A week has passed since the Kyoshi Island mission, and I've been spending its time with my mate.

Currently, we're at my house and he's kissing me as I'm trying to open my door. I'm wearing a pink long sleeved shirt with lace sleeves and a red skirt with the hem tinted white.

 I'm wearing a pink long sleeved shirt with lace sleeves and a red skirt with the hem tinted white

We stumble into my house and I kick the door closed. Rogue and I head upstairs to my room and we resume our heated makeout session in my bed, with the Cheney stripping off my clothes but leaving on my undergarments, while I do the same to him.

Once his shirt and cape were off, I run my fingers over his strong chest. He does the same to my body as he keeps kissing me.

We'd arranged for Rogue to spend the night at my place, while Sting looks after Frosch. Rogue and I continue to kiss, his hands still running lightly over my exposed skin, for awhile longer.

Eventually, Rogue settles down and lies down beside me. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his strong chest.

"I had a great time tonight," I murmur.

"I'm glad. You deserved it after your recent S-class job," He says, kissing the top of my head and making me smile. "Are you well enough to resume work soon?"

"Hmhm," I reply. "I'm good to resume tomorrow. Do you want to join me, Rogue-kun?"

"I'd love to," He says. Rogue kisses the top of my head once again. "For now, though, you should go to sleep."

"Goodnight, Roguey," I mumble as I snuggle further into his chest.

"Goodnight, Viv-chan," Rogue murmurs back as I drift off to sleep to the feeling of him stroking my light chestnut brown hair.

🗡🗡🗡

I wake up the next morning, still wrapped in my mate's arms, my back to his chest. I turn over to see a content expression on his features as morning sunlight pours in through my curtains.

I lightly brush back some of his hair and run my fingers over his cheek.

"Good morning," Rogue murmurs, smiling as his eyes flutter open.

I return his smile as I reply, "Good morning, Roguey."

"How are you feeling this morning?" Rogue asks, gently running his fingers along my bare right side and making my skin tingle.

"All better. I'm ready to get back to work."

"That's good." Rogue kisses my lips a few times before leaving a trail of them down the right side of my neck, making me moan. He kisses my shoulder once, twice, before returning his lips to my own.

We soon pull back and I caress his face again. I tel him, "I'll meet you downstairs for breakfast." Rogue nods his head. He kisses me once more before letting me go into the bathroom for a quick shower. Once I was done, I requip into my work attire, then head downstairs to make a cheese and bacon omelette for breakfast.