Chapter 66

Vivian's P. O. V:

I wait in bed for my mate, Rogue Cheney, to join me for sleep that night as he's in the shower. I have Frosch curled up in my lap fast asleep already.

A year has passed since Fairy Tail got disbanded and I've been a member of Sabertooth ever since. Rogue has offered to let me come live with him, which I accepted.

It's been great, as has everyone in Sabertooth, but I still miss my home and Fairy Tail.

I blink my hazel brown eyes as I raise my head at the sound of the ensuite door opening. Rogue exits in just his black shorts with his long hair unbound. It only stops at his chin, his thick bangs draping over his right eye.

Rogue and I smile at each other as he flicks off the light and comes into bed. I gently set Frosch between us.

Rogue and I lie down and I immediately snuggle into him. "What is it, Viv?" Asks the Cheney as he strikes my light chestnut brown hair, which has grown a little past my tailbone.

I sigh in response, "I just miss them. My friends and guild... I wonder where everyone is right now." I've been wondering that since I found out the guild disbanded, but have lost track of my guild mates.

Rogue says gently, cupping my cheek, "I'm sure they're all doing fine. You'll see them again soon, I'm sure."

"I hope so," I murmur. Rogue kisses my forehead, allowing for his lips to linger as I flutter my eyes closed briefly.

Rogue pulls back and caresses my cheek as he says, "Goodnight, Viv-chan."

"Goodnight, Roguey," I murmur as I snuggle into his chest once more and we both drift off to sleep. I wake up the next morning to find myself trapped in my mate's arms, my head on his chest and his legs threaded with mine.

I blush at the position but don't bother moving away. I look back at Rogue and gently brush my fingers over his bangs. This eventually causes him to wake up and a smile tugs at his lips. "Morning," Rogue murmurs in a voice that causes a shiver to run up and down my spine.

I reply, "Good morning."

I was about to lean in to kiss Rogue, but Frosch wakes up at that moment. "Good morning Rogue, Viv-chan. What's for breakfast?"

I reply, "Egg rolls. Why don't you go down and I'll be down to make them in a few?"

Frosch nods his head as he agrees, "Okay." The little green Exceed spreads his wings before flying out of the room and to the kitchen.

I blink my eyes when Rofue suddenly flips us over so I'm lying on my back. "It's just us now," The Cheney murmurs, making me giggle slightly.

Rogue leans down and kisses my lips tenderly at first. I kiss him back as I thread my fingers through his black hair. I give a tug to which he growls in response, deepening the kiss. I've learned he likes it when I do that. I smile through the kiss as Rogue becomes a little more eager. He kisses me a few more times before sliding his tongue over my bottom lip, asking for entrance.

I let him in and Rogue explores every part of my mouth. Our tongues battle for dominance but Rogue ends up winning. He gives the roof of my mouth one more sweep of his tongue before resuming kissing me. Then he trails kisses down my jaw, my neck.

I turn my head to give him more room. The Cheney gently runs his hand over my side and then my stomach, just under my breast, leaving a trail of fire in his wake. Rogue reaches the spot on my neck where my mate mark resides and gently presses his lips to it. I moan, feeling him smirk against my skin. Rogue kisses the mark of a tiny shadow dragon a few more times, deeply, before he sucks on it a bit.

I moan at the contact before Rogue pulls away and kisses my lips a few more times. I tug his hair again which earns me another growl in response.

Eventually, Rogue and I pull back for air and we gaze at each other with flushed faces.

"As much as I want to continue this, Roguey," I begin seriously, caressing his right cheek, "we should go get breakfast before Frosch comes looking for us."

"You're right," Agrees Rogue. He kisses my left cheek before reluctantly pulling back and climbing off the bed. I sit up to fade him. "By the way, do you want to come on a job with me and M' Lady?"

"Sure. What kind of job?" I question.

Rogue explains, "To wipe out Zeref worshipping cult in Malba City."

I stiffen as I think back to my conversation with Future Rogue a year ago.

"Tell me something," I say. "Who kills me and Frosch?"

A short pause before Rogue speaks up again. "Your childhood friend, Gray Fullbuster. It was unavoidable, so I couldn't have stopped it even if I'd wanted to."

My eyes jerk wide as I feel like my heart's stopped beating. "G-Gray kills us...?" I think in shock. I raise my eyes to my future mate. "And... And Rogue becomes this person standing before me because of that?!"

I snap myself out of it as I say to my mate, "Of course I'll join you, Rogue-kun."

"Great." He smiles, grabbing his clothes. "I'll let you get dressed in the bathroom."

I nod my head as I head into the ensuite and get ready for my shower and to wash my hair.

I don't know why I remembered that, but if this is that moment, then I'll do everything in my power to protect both Frosch and Rogue.

Even at the cost of my own life.

Once I finish in the shower, I get out and dry myself off.

I then requip into my new uniform.

I wear a red sleeveless turtleneck shirt and skirt underneath a pearly white breastplate and white tunic that has a high collar with a long hem and belt. I have gauntlets on my forearms with red shoulder guards and black fingerless gloves on both hands. My hair is put up in a bun which leaves my bangs to frame my face.

On my feet are thigh high red socks and white heeled boots.

I exit the bedroom to go make breakfast.