Chapter 14

Vivian's P. O. V:

Upon reaching my spot, I murmur, "This is supposed to be it, but I don't see Minerva."

I suddenly sense a new presence behind me. With furrowed brows, I turn my head, only to freeze when I see Minerva Orland standing a few feet away. I turn to face her fully. She has a confident look on her face.

"Minerva," I state in way of greeting.

"Well, well. If it isn't The Flash," She says by way of greeting. A hint of disappointment laces her tone. "Though I was so hoping I might face Erza, but I suppose you'll do, Vivian."

I stay silent, not saying anything.

I activate my dark pink magical aura, while Minerva activates a purple one. The crowd watches in anticipation as we release our auras, causing chunks of rocks to rise up as the ground and air shake. Our magical auras fade and a rock drops to the ground. Once it hits the ground, I immediately requip my Valkyrie form, as Minerva and I lunge for each other, multi-coloured orbs glowing around her fists.

I cry out in exertion as I thrust my sword at the dark haired woman, but she raises her glowing orb to block. I grit my teeth as I feel power surging before there's an explosion ripping through the area. I jump back and continue to thrust at her as Minerva punches at me and blocks my sword thrusts with her orbs. I thrust the hilt of my sword powerfully against Minerva's right side, making her cry out as she tumbles.

I find myself smirking triumphantly.

Yes!

Minerva's mouth twists into a scowl.

Minerva places her hands together with her left thumb touching her right palm and I find myself suddenly trapped in a multicoloured orb.

Two multi-coloured orbs appear around her hands as she chants, "Niel, Wielg, Mion, Terse, Elcantaeus, Yagdo Rigora!" Minerva spreads her arms wide, and an enormous, stone-like effigy with intricate designs emerges from behind her

It lunges its giant fist down at me. Before anyone can blink, I raise my rapier as the fist collides with me, followed by an explosion as dust rises up around the two of us, and the building behind Minerva becomes completely damaged. When it clears, and the effigy disappears, I'm revealed to still be standing, my facial expression completely blank, my rapier held up to block the giant fist of the Yakuma War God.

"What?! Impossible," Minerva gasps. She blinks her eyes as she notices sunlight glinting off my body.

"My Valkyrie Armor is incredibly strong," I explain in a cold tone.

"Now I see. Hmph. You're just as strong as the rumours say, Valkyrie. Tell me, do you know this girl?" Minerva, after having overcome her initial shock, holds out her arm and a giant multi-coloured orb appears behind her... with Millianna inside, her face scrunched in pain.