Chapter 47

Vivian's P. O. V:

Iroh shoots lava right at me. My friends call my name worriedly but I manage to dive to the side with my enhanced speed and dodge the attack. The tip of my sword glows pink.

"Parallel Sting!" I thrust my sword at Iroh as he swings his hand towards me. The tip grazes Iroh's hand and he grunts at the pain. I dance away just before he could melt me with lava. "Crescent Slash!" I slash my sword at Iroh's left shoulder in a crescent form, and he groans at the pain. "Linear!" I zoom past Iroh as I slash my sword through the top of his shoulder, causing him to cry out again.

Iroh shoots a stream of lava for me right as I land. I exclaim in pain when a glob of lava hits the back of my right shin, burning it.

"Oh, no, Viv!" Erza gasps. She runs towards Iroh as I stagger and leaps up while swinging her massive mace. Erza is punched out of the air by Iroh but she manages to backflip and land on the ground near me, bracing the tip of the sword in the earth.

I say as I lean on my rapier and turn to the scarlet haired maiden, "Erza." She glances to me. "I think I have a spell that stop Ragnarok. But I need to be able to get close to him."

"I'll cut you an opening, Viv," She says before requipping into her Lightning Empress Armor. She leaps up into the air and spins the spear around before thrust out it at Iroh. A beam of lightning shoots out. Iroh dodges it.

I was already charging at him as Natsu fires flames from his mouth. Iroh evades that attack too.

"Streak!" I slash my sword in an upward diagonal as pink light flares. It grazes Iroh's stomach and he grunts, but then Erza was hitting him in the back with another lightning bolt.

Gray fires his Gungir spell but Iroh shatters it and whirls towards him. Natsu summons his Brilliant Flame spell to throw at the Takeover mage. Iroh bats it aside like a frog and it hits a building, burning it.

Iroh swings his leg towards Natsu, Gray and Erza. They dive out of the way.

"Sky Dragon Slayer Secret Art," Wendy calls as wind swirls around both her and Iroh, and he slowly turns to her, "Shattering Light Sky Drill!" With a thrust of her hands, Wendy slams the wind into Iroh. He staggers back and tumbles into a building, crushing it under his weight.

"Nice one, Wendy!" Natsu cheers, winking at her.

"Don't relax just yet!" I call. At the same time, Iroh pick himself back up and aims his hand at the blue haired girl. Lava is shot at her. She squeaks but is snatched up by a frantic Charlele. But then the lava heads for Rogue.

"Oh, no! Rogue!" I sheathe my rapier and use my full speed to get to my mate, while ignoring the burning pain in my leg. "I'm not gonna make it!"

Squeezing my eyes shut right briefly, I dive forwards and latch my arms around Rogue.

I barely manage to haul him out of the way in time and the lava hits my shoulder and my left cheek instead, making me cry out.

"Viv!" Natsu exclaims worriedly. I drop to my knees a safe distance away and cradle Rogue in my arms, breathing heavily against the pain in my leg and shoulder. Damn, this lava burns if it doesn't melt you right away! I'd almost forgotten how much it burns.

"Viv?" I look down to see Rofue has at last opened his eyes, just as Frosch rushes over. Rogue's eyes jerk wide at the sight of my wounds. He lifts his hand up to gently cup my cheek over my burn.

"D-Don't worry a-about m-me," I stutter while squinting my left eye closed against the pain. "I-I'll be okay."

"You're hurt though," Rogue says in concern. Anger flashes in his crimson orbs.