Chapter 65

Vivian's P. O. V:

We all gather before the dragons. As I stand next to Erza, the Dragon Slayers are having their reunions with their respective dragons.

I stand next to my mate as I gaze up at the beautiful forms of the dragons, feeling my eyes shine with awe. "Wow... they're all so beautiful..."

Rogue smiles at me when I said that.

I glance at Rogue to see shock and confusion in his eyes.

Skiadrum, the shadow dragon, says to me, "So, you're Rogue's mate."

I blink my eyes at this before I nod my head. "Uh huh. It's an honour to finally meet you Sir."

Skiadrum seems to smile at that. "Likewise. I'm glad Rogue has found a mate like you." I feel Rogue squeeze my hand.

Sting murmurs to Weisslogia, "I don't get it. I remember killing you... so, how can you be here?"

Rogue says, "I need to ask you the same question, Skiadrum. How are you still alive?"

Weisslogia responds, "We altered your memories, in order to help you grow strong."

Skiadrum adds, "It was an experiment of ours, one Igneel was against. We raised you both as Dragon Slayers, and to complete your upbringing, we gave you the experience of slaying dragons."

Weisslogia states, "However, it's incorrect to say that we're still alive."

Grandeeney inputs, "In the truest sense, we've been dead for quite sometime. Many years ago, Acnologia used his Dragon Slayer Magic to tear our spirits from our bodies. So we had three reasons for residing within you. Please understand. We did it to defeat Acnologia and prevent you from transforming. But it was also the only way we had to survive."

Wendy stammers, "You mean...?!"

Skiadrum explains, "Now that we've left your bodies, there's no way for us to return. The demonstration of power we just gave will also be our last. We hope you can understand why we had to remain in hiding until the time was right."

Metallicana adds, "Even the mighty Igneel was unable to defeat Acnologia. However, it must be said that Igneel fought from the very brink of death. When you tell tales of this day, do not let that sully the Fire Dragon King's name. None among us had his courage. It felt the depth of his compassion for humanity."

Grandeeney says, "We've only told you a fraction of what we would, if there were time, but I'm afraid there's not. This is goodbye, Wendy."

"You're leaving me?!" Wendy asks worriedly.

The female dragon leans toward her as she says, "Sweet girl, the road you'll face is frought with peril. But I've seen you gain the strength to walk it."

"No! I can't, Grandeeney! Not without you!" Wendy cries, shaking her head defiantly until Gajeel places his hand on it.

He tells her, "Let's seem 'em off, kid. With our heads held high."

Grandeeney says as the dragons lift up into the air, "Farewell, humans! Once, very long ago, there was terrible strife between our kind and yours. It warms my heart to know that, in the end, we part in friendship."

We all smile as we watch the dragons begin to leave.

"The era of dragons has ended," Says Weisslogia. "We leave this world for you to protect."

"The power of man shall pave the future. For that we are thankful," Skiadrum says gratefully.

"400 years ago, a man-carved path was made between human and dragon kind. Now, though we are leaving, we shall not forsake it! We dragons shall continue to watch over you. Forever," Grandeeney says as a beam of red light appears, and they begin to vanish.