Chapter 20

Vivian's P. O. V:

"... vian! Vivian...! Vivian, open your eyes," A voice calls to me urgently. I peel my eyes open and blink them a few times, feeling my Valkyrie form has been released. I feel I was held in someone's arms and I turn my head to see my saviour.

Relief washes over me when I meet the crimson eyes of Rogue. Not Fiture Rogue, but my Rogue.

"R-Rogue-kun..." I say, trailing off.

Crushing relief swims in his eyes as he chides me, "What on Earthland were you thinking?! You could've gotten hurt or worse!"

I ignore the jab of pain as I throw my arms around his neck, causing him to fall silent. "I'm sorry for worrying you, but it's not like I'd intended to go up there. The man behind all of this saved me and took me up o the dragon. Natsu-kun is dealing with him right now." I let put a shaky breath as I bury my face in Rogue's shoulder. "That was so scary..."

"I'm just glad I caught you in time. You nearly gave me a heart attack," Says Rogue as he tightens his embrace.

"Thank you for saving me," I murmur.

"You know I'll always be there to catch you, Viv-chan," He says. We remain like that for another moment or two before he gently sets me on the ground against a building. "Let's take a look at those wounds of yours." Rogue spreads open the split material in my right side and his eyes wide at the sight of the deep wound. Then they found the stab wound in my right arm. "I swear, you're so reckless."

"Sorry. Here," I say before I tear off a strip of my shirt hem, long and thick enough to tie around my waist. Rogue takes it and ties it around my waist, making sure to put pressure on my wound and causing me to wince.

"Sorry," He mutters, finishing the knot.

"Don't worry about it," I tell him, taking off another bit of my hem for Rogue to wrap securely around my arm.

Once he was finished, Rogue asks me, "How's that?"

"Much better. Thank you," I say. I then close my eyes and focus my magic. I requip another of these shirts and reopen my eyes to smile at Rogue.

"You Requip Magic is incredible," He says.

"Thanks."

Rogue holds out his hand to me and I let him pull me to my feet. "I was on my way to slay some dragons when you literally fell right into my arms," Rogue says.

I ask curiously, "By the way, Rogue-kun, what's it mean to be a dragon's mate?" His face immediately flushes crimson at my question.

"Uh... uh... I-I'll explain it to y-you after the battle, okay, Viv-chan?" He responds, stuttering.

I nod my head. I say, "Okay, Rogue-kun."

"We should split up. I'll go find one of the bigger dragons to take care of," The Cheney says after overcoming his initial shock.

"Meanwhile, I'll take care of any straggling baby dragons," I tell him. "Then we'll meet up later."

Rogue smiles back at me as he says appreciatively, "Sure, Viv-chan. Just promise me you'll be careful."

"I'm always careful, Rogue-kun," I tell him flippantly, waving my hand dismissively. He looks exasperated for a moment, but we go out separate ways.

🗡🗡🗡

It wasn't long before I come across a bunch of baby dragons.

"Shooting Star!" I launch myself at a couple and take them out with a few hits. I dodge an energy blast and whirl towards the dragon. "Diagonal Sting!" I slash my rapier upward, then downward, causing the dragon to drop like a stone. I raise my rapier to block the talons of another dragon, pushing back against it. Eventually, I manage to break away from the dragon before rushing forwards with Linear. It goes down a heartbeat later.